It's my 1st DT offering today from Team 2 at AI Factory and this week we have a green challenge in honour of St Patrick's Day.
You can either make a card with a St Patrick's Day theme or make one with a lot of green colouring instead.
I myself don't have any occasion to send a card for Paddy's Day so opted for the green choice. I have used a fabulous digi image called She is Like The Wind which is available from the AI Store here.
This wonderfully intricate image was lovely to colour with Promarkers in various shades of green. I wanted to make her look like an Irish girl so went with very pale skin and auburn hair. I personally would have loved ginger hair just like it :)
I have used a sketch from One Crazy Stamper for the layout, opting to rotate it. The papers are from My Minds Eye (spotty one) and Papermania. I have run them through an embossing folder I bought at Christmas but have used for the 1st time. It's a larger one than normal and was quite cheap. I debossed the spotty paper and embossed the middle one. I edged with a small inkpad and ran it over the embossing to bring the pattern out and also knock the brighter green colouring back a little.
I have added a gorgeous lace that I bought from the Rag Market in Birmingham. It is quite thick but also has a delicate design. Last but not least I have added Prima flowers, cherry blossom from Wild Orchid and some glitter domes from Papermania for the flower centres.
To enter this week's challenge visit the AI Factory Challenge Blog where you will see the full rules and details. If you play along with us and upload your image you could win this week's image.
You are not required to use an AI Factory image to enter, but there are loads of great freebies available here in the freebies section of the store. You will need to link up your entry before midnight EST on Wednesday March 16th. If you use an online gallery Such as AiF, PCP or SCS then please tag your entry with the challenge code AIF071 so we can see all your cards in one place. Whilst you are at our challenge site please take a look at the rest of the DT's wonderful creations.
I look forward to seeing your entries in our challenge and Good Luck !
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges :-
- One Crazy Stamper - Sketch for Layout
- Aly's Sunday Sketch #37 - Anything Goes
- Card Makin' Mama's #16 - Include some Green
- Catch the Bug - Anything Goes
- Corrosive Challenge #106 - Green
- Craft Your Passion #48 - Anything Goes
- Creative Stamp Friends #20 - Lace
- Digistamps 4 Joy - Lace
- Digi's With Attitude - Anything Goes
- Do You Stack Up #10 - Layers
- Easy Craft Projects #33 - Use some green colour
- Get Creative with Ann #127 - Green
- House of Gilli #2 - Green
- Let's Craft & Create Challenge #14 - Inspired by St Patrick's Day (green)
- Little Claire Designs #2 - Flowers
- Little Red Wagon - Green
- Meljen's Designs #49 - Lots of Green
- Paper Minutes #156 - International Women's Day
- Paper Playtime #40 - Anything Goes
- Penny's Paper Crafty #48 - Green as main Colour
- Really Reasonable Ribbon #19 - Green
- Scrap Creations - Green
- Shabby Tea Room #52 - Green
- Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
- Simply Create #38 - Flowers
- Southern Girls - Use Flowers
- Squigglefly#88 - Green
- Stamping Vacation - Special even in March ( International Women's Day)
- Stamp Something - Anything goes with a digi
- Wild Orchid Challenges #18 - Anything Goes