It's Monday and a there's a new challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. We have been prompted by Dt member Lin to use fabric in our creation.
For this week's challenge One Stop Crafts have very generously given us a prize of a £10 store voucher.
The starting point for my card was a lovely felt and lace embellishment that has ribbon roses and a big bow. It is matted onto a doily frame cut with a Nellie Snellen multi frame die. This is matted onto a circle of pink paper cut from a DCVW pad and mounted onto 3d foam squares. The main backing paper is by Basic Grey from the Two Scoops collection. This was my 1st ever BG paper pack and it is lovely to work with. I love the swirls with the hearts entwined. I used my beloved Martha Stewart doily lace punch and used a small ink pad to distress the edges. I used a sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches for the layout but unfortunately I haven't linked it up in time to enter the challenge, hey ho :)
In the centre the mini heart strip is a section cut from a Smirk paper from the Love & Friendship pack. I have edge both sides with a gorgeous gathered lace border. It hurts to use so much of it but gives that card a lovely shabby chic appearance that it is worth it.
The 3rd way of using fabric is I cut a strip of satin so that I could fray the edges down. I used a 5mm pale pink bead in the centre and wrapped the fabric round into a flower shape. I added a gem to the centre and this is then attached to a metal flower bead cap. The 2 hearts are beads and the little sentiment panel has been recycled from a shop bought card.
The rest of the DT have come up with some fabulous ways of using fabric on your projects and I hope to see lots of entries.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges :-
- Aly's Sunday Sketch #37 - Anything Goes
- Catch the Bug - Anything Goes
- CCEE Stampers #1109 - Swirls
- Craft Your Passion #48 - Anything Goes
- Creative Stamp Friends #20 - Lace
- Digi's by Phooka #5 - Photo Inspiration
- Digi's With Attitude - Anything Goes
- Incy Wincy Designs # 84 - Pastel Colours
- Moving Along with the Times #88 - Anniversary
- Paperplay - Chabby Chic/Vintage
- Sentimental Sunday #45 - Pearls & Lace
- Shelly's Images TTT - Lots of laters
- Stamping Vacation - Name That Card
- Tellen's Place - Embellishments
- Totally Papercrafts #56 - Pearls & Lace
- Wild Orchid Challenges #18 - Anything Goes