My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Sunday, 6 April 2008

Phil's Retirement + Di Hickman Jan #3

I needed to make a card for an old work colleague who was retiring.

I based it on a sketch Di Hickman did in January but twisted some of the elements to fit.

I used Cuttlebug folders to emboss the circles and the Congratulations text which I also inked with silver to define the words.

The image is a Penny Black Stickeroo. Got a few sheets of assorted designs and not used them before. I love how there are no defined edges to the clear background so it is almost impossible to tell it is a sticker !

The sentiment is a chipboard embellishment from a QVC TSV. I inked around the edges and was so pee'd off as I'd smudged it so I ended up distressing it more to cover up the mistake. I covered it with 3 layers of UTEE and sprinkled glamour dust glitter into the last layer. I then bent it gently to crack the surface.

He absolutely loved it and was pleased that I had made it especially for him. I worked with him for 11 years and he is a lovely guy.

4 comments:

Kath said...

Love this little guy
Blog Candy up for grabs - pay me a visit
Kath
xxxxx

CraftyC said...

Cute card!!
Clairexx

Kerrie's Crafting Corner said...

awww lovely card hun, no wonder he was so pleased with it!

xxx

Di Hickman said...

great card, love the hedgehog stamp! TFS!