My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Sunday 22 November 2009

Crafty Cardmakers 8th Challenge

Sorry for being a little late uploading my latest challenge card, I am sure you will understand when you read my last post.

Anyhoo, the latest challenge at Crafty Cardmakers is to use something clear in your design.

I have really enjoyed using acetate this year to replace a card front. Of course, the Cuttlebug folders make it so easy to add an embossed design to your card and I have made some nice cards using this technique.

To make this card I trimmed a card blank down leaving a 2cm strip at the front. I used a Fiskars punch to make a decorative edge. I ran a piece of acetate through a snowflake Cuttlebug embossing folder and used double sided tape stuck it to the inside of the overlapped front edge.

The paper on the inside of the card is a piece of wrapping paper from Paperchase. They do some fantastic metallic and flocked designs and around £1 to £2 for a massive sheet they are very good value too.

The large snowflake is a 2 step Cuttlebug die that punches and then embosses the shape. It is cut from Doodlebug flocked cardstock so feels like Fuzzy Felt :) The ribbon is a self adhesive one from Papermania, the gem is Paperchase and the sentiment is from Kanban.

I have also been able to incorporate an older challenge from 365 Cards for Day 122 which was to use a piece of wrapping paper in your design.

1 comment:

Vixykins said...

Fantabulous design Mandy, I love how you make things out of non craft items you find around the place. Lovely work, thanks for making x