My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Sunday 28 November 2010

Christmas Card Poinsettia

I've been making a start on the family Christmas cards as time is getting short until the big day. Every year I say I'm going to get more organised but this year has been particularly bad as work has been extremely demanding with a lot more downs than ups. Until the last week my time has been very tight with little or no time for crafting. I've just been getting more and more tired and it resulted in me being in floods of tears at work and I am currently off sick.

I am sleeping 14 hours a day some days, then literally can't sleep on others because I am getting worked up about stuff at work. I went to the doctors and have been given anti-depressants again suffering from work related stress, panic attacks and really high blood pressure which is causing me to have headaches and nose bleeds. I'm trying to get as much sleep as I can and chilling out catching up on TV series that I have missed and doing some cross stitch. I am not depressed, just absolutely exhausted and I am really proud that I asked for help before it got any worse. I am being referred to a councillor to see if they can help me with my issues.

I made this card about 4 weeks ago, scanned it in and forgot to blog it so here we are. I used a Crafts U Print decoupage design that was a freebie with a magazine. I covered a blank with a traditional text paper from DCWV and layered strips of paper 'ribbon' in a gift package style.

The poinsettia has been glittered with stickles and I curled the leaves and petals adding foam pads at strategic points to raise certain parts of the petals. I added pearl gems to the centre for an opulent feel. This card is going to be for Grandma as she loves flowers and it has quite a traditional look to it.

1 comment:

Juls said...

very stylish! Love all the pearls! Hugs Juls