There's a new challenge today at One Stitch At A Time and the theme is in honour of the Olympic Games
We want to see a project inspired by the picture, Olympics or Sports
Our sponsor this week is Joanna Sheen and the prize is a £10 voucher for the store
Please head on over to the Stitchy Bear Store to check out all the lovely digis on offer from our great designers. There are some freebies available and there is a selection of cut price Monthly Specials that change often, there really is so much to choose from thanks to our very talented designers.
Also, to keep ahead of all the latest news you can become a follower at the
Don’t forget that we have changed the prize structure. You must use a store image to win the main prizes and all other entries will be in a draw to win $3 to spend in the store
* * * * * * * * * * *
For this challenge I have used some gorgeous masculine papers by Panda Bear Designs called Doodle Boys. You get 11 papers for only $2.50 Digi papers are great to work with as you can easily manipulate them to change the scale as I have demonstrated in this project. I teamed the papers up with a fabulous image by Stitchy Stamps called Four Iron.
I knew I wanted to have a go at paper piecing some of the elements on this image so printed out a section of the papers in full size for use on the card. The plaid pattern would be perfect for piecing the top and golf club cover but the scale was too large so I made it a lot smaller and overlaid parts of the digital image so I could cut them out. You can see in the closeup below that I pieced the brown strips on the golf bag too.
I used mainly browns and blue throughout, colouring with my Promarkers and Flexmarkers to match the colours in the paper. The mottle blue paper is a scrap of parchment paper I had in my scraps box that matched perfectly.
I added a strip of ribbon across the bottom and found this amazing button in my stash. I got it in a bad of vintage buttons when I went to a craft and food fair at a National Trust property at Christmas. It’s just plain old dark blue on one side and then this side has the most amazing sparkle, like Mica pieces suspended inside it. I just popped a bit of bakers twine through the holes and tied a knot.
The rosette was made using an 11” long strip of the paper x 3cm wide with narrow pleats. I taped strips of scrap card in a cross at the back to stabilise it and added a Craftwork Cards sentiment to the front.
As a printing tip, when I use digital papers I always use an inkpad to add some colour to the edges of the paper, either toning or contrasting to suit your project. I use a thin card to print on and the white edges would be visible especially against such a dark contrasting cardstock.
* * * * * * * * * * *
Please pop over to OSAAT to see the fab cards from my colleagues on the DT. I look forward to seeing your entries for this challenge
Materials Used in this Project are as follows:-
Card Size – A5
Sentiment – Craftwork Cards
Embellishments – Ribbon, Vintage Button, Baker’s Twine
Tools – Promarkers & Flexmarkers, small ink pad, tiny scissors
Techniques – Paper piecing, Distressing
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-
- ATC’s & Cards With Attitude – Anything Goes
- Card Makin’ Mamas #50 – 1 Image, 2 DP, 3 Bellies
- Cooking It Up With Katie #99 – Birthday, Blue, Button
- Craft Room Challenge – Sports
- Crafts 4 Eternity R#81 – Crazy Circles
- Crazy Amigo Challenge – Open theme
- Creative Inspirations Paint – Fave Colours (Blue & Brown for men’s cards)
- Cupcake Craftroom – Lots of Layers
- Digi Doodle Shop’s Best #117 – Anything Goes
- Digital Tuesday #169 – All Tied Up
- Diva’s By Design #44 – Anything Goes
- Dude Time Doodles – Anything Goes for a Dude
- Fat Pages & Cards With Attitude – Anything Goes
- Great Impressions Stamps – Stay In The Lines Colouring
- Hanna & Friends #150 – Celebrate
- House That Stamps Built DCC718 – Outdoors or Wildlife
- Inspire Me Fridays #68 – Anything Goes
- Jackson’s Digital Expressions #14 – Anything Goes & Colouring Medium
- Kaboodle Doodles – Olympics/Sports
- LEJ Designs #12 – Anything Goes
- My Heart Pieces – Use Square or Circle
- Love To Create #23 – 3 Different papers
- One Stop Craft Challenge #192 – Olympics/Sports
- Paper Shelter #73 – Anything Goes
- Phindy’s Friday Challenge #114 – Button It
- Secret Crafter #195 – Olympic or Sporty
- Simon Says Stamp & Show – No Rules
- Sisterhood of Crafters – Let’s Hear it for the Boys
- SJ Crafts #7 – Olympics/Sporty
- Stamp & Create – Hands Full of…
- Tuesday Alchemy #23 - Buttons