My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Sunday 6 April 2014

OSAAT #207 Flowers


There's a new challenge today at 

Flowers

Our sponsor this week is Stitchy Bear’s Digi Outlet and there is a fabulous prize of $9 to spend in the store for the lucky winner who uses a 

Please head on over to the 
 Stitchy Bear’s Digi Outlet to check out all the lovely digis on offer from our great designers. There are some freebies available and there is a selection of cut price Monthly Specials that change often, there really is so much to choose from thanks to our very talented designers.



* * * * * * * * * * *

 

For this card I used the beautiful image

The card was for Mother’s Day for my Mother in Law. It was a sombre day as her own Mother has just passed away at the grand old age of 101. As a result I wanted to make something that was pretty but quite subtle in colouring. It almost felt wrong to celebrate our Mom whilst she had just lost her own only a few days before L

 In a very rare move for me I chose the background paper 1st and then I coloured the image in with Promarkers and Flexmarkers  to match the colours in the paper. There are 3 layers to the image the first being the whole image with a Mother’s Day sentiment added. The second is the whole frame which has been cut out to reveal the sentiment. The 3rd layer is the frame, roses only and the butterfly with the wings folded up. I used 3d foam to mount the layers. You can see this all in more detail below. 


The white card base has been covered with a lovely patterned paper a very old Hot off the Press paper pad. I added a lace trim from my stash and a beautiful butterfly die cut. I used a die which was a magazine freebie and added some self adhesive pearls down the centre. As a final touch I added some Stickles glitter glue to the darker areas of the roses and the butterfly.

There are so many beautiful floral images in the store and of course so many ways to add flowers to a card, they are one of my most favourite aspects of making cards.


Materials Used in this Project are as follows:-
Card size – A5
Paper – Hot off the Press HOTP
Digital Sentiment – Digital Delights by LoubyLou
Embellishments – lace, self adhesive pearls, Stickles glitter glue
Tools – Letraset Promarkers & Flexmarkers, Butterfly die magazine freebie
Techniques - Decoupage

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-



14 comments:

Hazel said...

A beautiful card, Mandy. The framed sentiment is perfect and the flowers are gorgeous. Hazel x

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

This is just lovely Amanda !! I'm sorry to hear about your MIL's Motheer's passing, but wow 101...that's wonderful. I love the rich colours and dimension you achieved. What a wonderful card to give or receive.

Lynn, OSAAT DT Teamie

CG said...

Stunning! I just love your layering. Best, CG

Chrissy said...

Such a beautiful card Mandy..the flowers and colours are gorgeous..

luv CHRISSYxx

Scrapcat 1 said...

This is beautiful Mandy love the papers and the decoupage xx

Scrapcat 1 said...

This is beautiful Mandy love the papers and the decoupage xx

SAMARA said...

Mandy, this is so beautiful and dainty in the most lovely way. I was sure those were real silk flowers. When I saw they were paper I was SO surprised. Masterful! Hugs, Samara xox

Margaret said...

So beautiful. Love the background paper and your lovely flowers. Maggie (OSAAT DT Teamie)

Margaret said...

wow! Love this. Love the colors and the flowers just pop off the page. So pretty. Maggie - OSAAT Teamie

Lily Allen said...

This is adorable! The image looks fantastic and I love the paper! Thanks for sharing.

Lisa Resnick said...


Nice informative article
clipping path

Shirley-Anne said...

fabulous card Love how the frame and floral spray seem to pop from card front .

t4cetaku said...

Wow! it could be shared by blogger which is very insightful info shared.
jasa percetakan jakarta
jasa percetakan murah
cetak buku murah jakarta
percetakan jakarta
percetakan murah
digital pritning
cetak buku
cetak murah
print murah

John Cruz said...

Your cards are lovely, and the picture is wonderful.








Pay Someone To Do My Classes Online For me