My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Sunday 15 June 2008

Jill's Birthday

This card was made for my Sister in Laws birthday and heralds a years worth of blogging as I started when I did her card last year.



I made it on the same principles as the chipboard book templates by Colour My World.

I bought the baby one for an upcoming project and thought it would make a great birthday card idea for people with short names. I set to making a paper template first to see if it would work and was really pleased that it did.



I then needed to choose the papers and wanted each page to contrast so the letters would stand out.

I had just purchased the DCWV 2 drawer TSV from QVC and it arrived on the day I started making it. Some of the papers were ideal as my SIL is mad about shoes !



Page 1 papers are Dovecraft Glamour pack + DCWV Peeking Posies. The heart chipboard is from the DCWV TSV.

Page 2 paper is DCWV TSV and the sentiment is a vellum one from a DCWV scrap stack.

Page 3 paper is Dovecraft. Happy Birthday cardstock sticker from Docrafts, candles sticker from DCWV TSV


Page 4 paper is DCWV TSV. Vellum sentiment from DCWV scrap stack, cardstock stickers Docrafts.

Ribbons to tie are scraps from stash.

Jill loved it and said she had never seen anything like it before.

No comments: