My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Tuesday 21 October 2008

CPS Sketch #87

For my birthday my hubby bought me a Netbook which is a mini laptop with a 10" screen. I am using this to watch prgrams that have been downloaded in my little craft room instead of watching TV and I am so glad I did as I have been much more creative and have actually MADE cards since.

I used the latest Sketch 87 at CPS to make this card. A wonderful friend of mine (you know who you are S) recently sent me some lovely goodies in the post and write a little note on the back of a stamped image that she coloured in so nicely. Being a card maker, there is no way you can throw away something so beautiful and I wanted to make it into a card, in doing so passing the love down the line to someone else.

I think it is a Penny Black stamp, but don't quote me on it. I have just added a little Sakura glitter pen to the dandelion heads and matted the image onto a scrap of dark green card. The spotty paper is one of theose strips you get free with magazines and the swirly paper is HOTP.

I am very pleased with the sentiment. When you buy clothes from Asda a lot of them have a really chunky chipboard tag on them. I covered it with paper and the message is a cheapie rub-on from Poundland. It has come out really well.

I am really pleased with this card, it is one of the nicest I have made in a long time. I really like the mix of papers and the colours go really well together.

3 comments:

Sarn said...

That's a beautiful card Mandy. I LOVE everything about it! x

Pamela said...

Great card!

Charity Hassel said...

how sweet is that mouse! lovely work with the cps sketch!