My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Monday 28 June 2010

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge # 24


For the latest challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers we have been encouraged to have inky finkers and uses ink in one form or another.

I have opted to used my tried and trusted Tim Holtz pad to do some distressing. I had been given a load of greetings cards to recycle and found this fabulous foiled tree and leaf border. I used the distressing pad to rub over the tree to help define the embossed texture and also on the edges of the papers and card blank. The Hampstead papers from Papermania are perfect for this as the colours are autumnal. The mat is a Nellie Snellen frame which has been edged in gold pen and last but not least I used 2 colours of ink to darken the Docrafts 'scrabble' letters as they were a bit too clean looking and didn't suit the card.

Some of the girls have done some amazing projects and I would really encourage you to go take a look at them. It would be great to see you join in our challenges and I look forward to visiting your bogs and seeing your work.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunning work hun, love it all

Judie xx

Cheryl said...

Oh my! This is absolutely gorgeous!

Lin said...

Gorgeous card Mandy.

Looking forward to working with you over at CCM.

Hugs x

Lin

Anonymous said...

Dirty scrabble!!! Love the tree and borders too. Hmmmm, wonder where they came from. Great card.
Jack xx