Did You Miss me ?? Did you Miss Me??
Woohoo I am back making cards!! I have really missed making cards and doing challenges. A death in the family is always a blow but at the same time as having a complete bathroom re-fit in a small house is really not a good combination. Couldn't put either off so just had to deal with it a fortunately my MIL lives up the road so we could shower at her home :)
Anyhoo just in time for this challenge the sun has come out in Birmingham today and it is a glorious and Happi day, just like my card :)
It is my turn to set the challenge theme at Happileigh Scrappin' this week and I want to see bright colours
on your creations this week. We are talking oranges, reds, yellows, blues and greens. No pastels okay!! Happi colours make Happi cards.
I used the latest sketch at Midnight Madness for the layout and used a gorgeous flowery glittered card stock fro DCWV for the grid pattern. The image has decoupage layers on the had and also the flower which are popped up using 3D foam. I added some Prima flowers in matching shades and actually managed to use 6, yes 6 of my mini buttons. I left it without a sentiment as it was perfectly balanced as it was and thus it makes it suitable for any occasion :)
Leigh has got some smashing offers on in the store at the moment in the Summer Celebration Sale. With every purchase you get a an Old Glory background and sentiment free........
Also for every 3 images you purchase you can choose an extra one absolutely free. There are loads of fab images just itching to be played with so you will find it easy to spend your pennies I promise you :)
Please pop on over to see the lovely creations my Happi Sisters have added. There are lots of lovely cards to feast your eyes upon with oodles of embellishments.
Remember, for our challenges you don't need to use a Happileigh Scrappin' image but if you do your entry counts twice and with freebies available here it is easy to use one of Leigh's fabulous digis.
We would love to see lots of entries in this challenge. Leigh gives away her lovely digis to the top 3 so it is well worth entering and me and the DT love to see your creations, so come on over to
Happileigh Scrappin' Challenges to join the fun.
Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Card Size - A5 with a Tent fold
Sketch - Midnight Madness #108
Embellishments - Prima flowers, Papermania buttons & glitter dot, Paperchase gems
Tools - Nestabilities die
Techniques - Distressing with ink pad, decoupage on hat & flower.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-
- Aly's Sunday Sketch #44 - Feature a child on your card
- Anything Goes - Summer theme (hot colours)
- CES Challenges #41 - Lots of Sparkly flowers (background flowers covered in glitter)
- Crafting for All Seasons #3 - Summer (bright colours)
- Crafts & Me #39 - Bling It On
- Crafty Purple Frog - Favourite things (bright colours, Promarkers & Bling)
- Crazy Stamper - Bright & colourful
- Creative Inspirations Paint - Bright Colours
- Dare to be Sassy #77 - Bling & Glitter
- Delightful Challenges - Anything Goes
- Drunken Stampers #72 - Photo inspiration
- For Fun Challenges - Bright Summer Colours
- Fun At the Fairy Knoll #55 - Sparkle
- Going Grey With Scrap Creations - Anything Goes
- Karen's Doodles - Flower Power
- KB Cute Monday 18 - Use your fave belli (flowers)
- Let's Create Challenges #21 - Inspired by Summer
- Little Darlings #1 - Summer (bright warm colours)
- Midnight Madness #108 - Sketch for Layout
- My Mum's Craft Shop #10 - Spots, Dots & Circles
- Paper Shelter #18 - Punches & Dies
- Scrapalicious #7 - Include a smile
- Scrappy Frogs - Use Red in your Project
- Speedy the Cat's Friend #60 - Buttons
- Stamp Something - Pretty Papers
- Totally Stampalicious - Something Old (paper) & Something new (digi)
- Tuesday Throwdown #53 - 3 past challenges (Buttons, sparkle and bling, florals)
- Whimsie Wednesday - Use a Die
- Whoopsi Daisy - Pile On Those Flowers