Over at OSAAT we have a new challenge today and the team are showcasing the new July collaboration which has a Wedding or Sympathy theme.
We have a fabulous prize for one lucky winner which is a £10 gift voucher for One Stop Card Crafts
A second lucky winner will be able to get the store collab absolutely free, what a wonderful prize!
If you don't already subscribe to the Stitchy Bear Newsletter I would suggest that you sign up as there are some fabulous images given away as freebies and you will always be kept up to date with the latest image news.
In the spotlight this week is Elaine who is a marvellous member of the team and makes some gorgeous projects showcasing the digis available from the store.
Pop over to the store and make sure you sign up for it. While you are there don't forget that for the Month of June we have a new store collab with the theme of 4th July and Picnics which is free with a $10 purchase.
This will be the last week that you will be able to get it free so you don't want to miss out!!
I was given a fab wedding image by Stitchy called Hitched. I coloured the cute couple with Promarkers and used one of my new Nestabilities dies to cut out the design. For the layout I used the latest Deconstructed Sketch. I used a pretty paper from Dovecraft for the background adding some ink around the edge to define it as it got lost in the cream background. I used a red lace trim that I have had for ages to pull out the colour of the roses.
I was struggling to find a sentiment and remembered some epoxy stickers I bought YEARS ago and have never opened YAY for starting to use stash up!! I mounted the sticker on a scrap of card, added a faux stitching border and cut around that. I think the border emphasises the writing and am pleased with how it turned out. I added a punched heart courtesy of Martha Stewart, the most expensive punch I own (because it came from Hobbycraft) but I wanted it so much and had Christmas vouchers to spend so it wasn't too bad :)
I am looking forward to seeing the cards that are entered into this challenge and hope to see lots of entries from you.
Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Card Size - A5
Papers - Wedding collection (Dovecraft)
Image - Hitched by Stitchy Bear
Tools - Nestability dies, Martha Stewart heart lattice punch
Embellishments - red lace trim, red ribbon for bow, epoxy heart sticker
Techniques - Distressing with ink pad, fax stitching, layering with 3d foam pads.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-
- Bizzy Becs - Lace
- CCEE Stampers #1125 - include some Pink
- CES Challenges #42 - Anything But Square
- Crafts & Me - Stitching real or fake
- Creative Inspirations #62 - Stitching Real or Fake
- Deconstructed Sketch #7 - Layout of Card
- Digi's With Attitude #32 - Anything Goes
- Everybody Art #147 - Anything Goes
- I Love Promarkers #71 - Anything Goes with Promarkers
- If The Shoe Fits FF#84 - Roses of any colour
- Inky Impressions #18 - Use Lace
- Paper Crafting Journey #13 - Anything Goes
- Prairie Fairy #55 - Wedding
- Rainbow Lady #158 - Digi Day
- Scrapbook Sisters #41 - Anything Goes
- Scrappy Frogs - Use Red
- Sweet Stamping Challenge - Something Old & New (old everything else, new digi)
- Totally Gorjuss #86 - Ribbons or Lace