A few weeks ago I entered a card into the Quirky Crafts challenge and was asked to be a Guest Designer on this challenge which is sponsored by Stitchy Bear Digital Stamps.
I chose this gorgeous little duck, Quackity Quack by Lil’ Diva Stamps to work with, don’t you just love the ‘I’m not impressed’ expression on his face?
I created an Autumn scene by adding various leaves to match in the brief I was given. I wanted to create a blustery day kind of feel to it with him kicking leaves up with his feet and some swirling around his head. I coloured the image with Promarkers and Flexmarkers and created a second layer for the umbrella and decoupaged this and some of the leaves with 3d foam pads.
I created my own sentiment for it which may not make sense to some people but in the UK when it is blustery and wet it is commonplace to say “it’s lovely weather for ducks” which is where the inspiration for this card came from.
If you can make use of this sentiment you are welcome to download it. It is available in both JPEG and PNG versions. Please let me know if you have downloaded it and give credit back to me if you do use it.
I distressed the edges of the image with a TH Distress inkpad and I had just put a new felt pad on my tool and swirled a bit too heavily and it created a whirl in the paper. I was gutted as I thought I’d
ruined it but then had a brainwave and thought it seemed to add movement to the card like the wind whirling round so added some more for good measure.
Thanks to Quirky Crafts for giving me the opportunity to be a Guest Designer and I hope you will pop over to see the creations that the talented team have made.
Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Card Size – A6
Sentiment – Digi Made by Mandy
Tools – Scissors, 3d foam, Distress Inkpad
Techniques – Decoupage, Distressing
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-
- 4 Crafty Chicks – Use Markers
- Bows and Berries #12 – Colour Challenge
- C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #125 – Autumn
- CCEE Stampers #1142 – Autumn colours or scene
- Class Act Insider – Autumn, Halloween or Thanksgiving
- Corrosive Challenge #135 – Things That Fly
- Crafty Boots Challenge #4 – Autumn or Halloween
- Cutie Sunday #152 – Autumn Colours
- Deep Ocean Challenge #10 – Autumn Colours
- Delightful Inspirations DT Challenge – Cute Critters
- Digi Darla – Autumn Fun
- Forever Friends – Anything Goes
- Forever Friends Monthly – Use a Sentiment
- Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday – Fall Colour Challenge
- House That Stamps Built DCC1012 – Halloween or Autumn
- If The Shoe Fits FF94 – Halloween or Autumn
- Little Red Wagon #103 – Autumn
- One Stop Craft #154 – No Designer papers
- Paperplay #42 – Use Some Black
- Shelly’s Images TTT – Show us What You’ve Got
- Totally Papercrafts #89 – Layers
- Try It On Tuesday – Take to the Skies
- Wags n Whiskers #65 – Autumn Colours