Today I have the honour to be the very 1st person to be showcased on a new feature at I Did It Creations for this is the Card of the Week.... Woohoo :)
I was very fortunate to have won a challenge with this card at Robyn's Nest and was given a guest spot as my prize. Jeanette particularly liked my tent card I had made previously and I was given my pick of the fabulous digi's over at Robyn's Fetish to make my card with.
I combined 3 separate images to make up this card. The most fun bit for me working with digital stamps is looking at what I can add together to make a scene. I'm not clever enough to do that with traditional rubber stamping but love to play with them on the computer. In this particular case for the middle section I used the Basket of Apples digi and resized it, used Apple Cider and was able to digitally create layers so the whole section is decoupaged.
The image on the outside Apple Harvest was enlarged to fit the card and then I printed a second layer of the basket and raised with 3d foam. All images are coloured with Promarkers/Flexmarkers and I have added glossy accents to make leaves shiny, apples on the tree and the tops of the bottles, I added glitter to the hearts and used a Promarker Fine Nib to draw the detail of the bark on the tree.
I didn't work to a template on the construction of the card but had seen some on other people's blogs and experimented to get the shape as I wanted. In this example I used a sheet of A4 card, scored a line at 2.5cm at one short end, at the other end 2cm and 2.5cm. This provides the folds at the bottom so it can stand up. I then divided the rest of the card in half and this provides the fold at the very top of the card. At this point it is easier to cut your window out. I used a Nestabilities labels die to draw round and cut the window out. I covered the front of the card with a red checked paper from a Dovecraft Christmas stack (love that it looks like a checked table cloth!) Carefully cut around the window on the inside of the card and you have a mat for another project :)
Use strong tape to join at the bottom and the main frame of the card is then done. All the digi images are mounted on foam to add more dimension and then I used some Papermania glitter glue around the edge of the window to finish it off.
Susan has provided some links to instructions on how to make a tent card on this post if mine seem like gobbledy gook!
I really enjoyed making this card, thanks to I Did It Creations, Robyn's Nest and Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps for giving me this opportunity.
Card Size – A5 ish
Paper - Dovecraft
Embellishments - Papermania Glitter glue & glossy Accents
Tools - 3d foam, scissors, Nestabilities die
Techniques - Decoupage
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-
- Celebrate The Occasion #36 - Autumn
- Class Act Insider – Autumn, Halloween or Thanksgiving
- Crafty Boots Challenge #4 – Autumn (harvesting)
- Digi Darla – Autumn Fun
- If The Shoe Fits FF94 – Autumn (harvesting)
- Digi Darla – Autumn Fun
- Digi Doodle Shop’s Best #80 – Anything Goes
- For Your Inspiration #16 – Inspired by photo (Trees & pinky red colour)
- Gingerloft #27 – Autumn (harvesting)
- Going Grey With Scrap Creations – Do It With Digi
- Heartsong Inspirations #21 – No Sentiment and Harvest Time
- Little Darlings #10 – Something that isn’t square
- Make It Monday #60 – Link Up Party
- One Crazy Stamper – Autumn (harvesting)
- Paper Shelter #37 – Anything Goes
- Partytime Tuesday #39 –Anything Goes
- Scrapbook Sisters #58 – Anything Goes
- Shelly’s Images TTT – Tic Tac Toe (digi, free, autumn colours)
- Simon Says Stamp – Anything Goes
- Stamp Scrap & Doodle Saturdays – Bon Appetit
- Sweet N Sassy #25 – Shaped card
- There She Goes #127 – Autumn (harvesting)
- Totally Papercrafts #89 – Layers