There's a new challenge today at One Stitch At A Time. It is the first week of our Pretty in Print contest and for this challenge all you need to do is Use a Digi, pretty easy if you ask me:)
Who wouldn't want the opportunity to be published ?
Please follow the rules in out post for entry and good luck!!
We have 2 prizes up for grabs this week from our Fab Sponsors Crimson Cloud
If you don't already subscribe to the Stitchy Bear Newsletter I would suggest that you sign up as you will always be kept up to date with the latest image news.
In the Spotlight this week is our Julye who makes some awesome cards and is a fabulous team member. WE are very lucky to have her and her talents.
Pop over to the store and make sure you sign up for it. While you are there don't forget that for the Month of August we have a new store collab with the theme of Back to School & Occupations which is free with a $10 purchase.
* * * * * * * * * * *
For my card I have used two digi images, both from Toucan Scraps. I had never made a tent card and think they look really effective if you combine the right elements together. I absolutely adore lighthouses and being at the sea and really wanted to have a go at combining both the Lighthouse and Peaceful Sea images using this type of card. Both images are coloured with Promarkers.
I didn't follow any instructions but had a reasonable idea of how it would work and made it up as I went along. I used an A4 sheet of stardream card as my base and scored the lines for the base. I then scored a line in the middle of the size that was left. I used a Nestie label frame to cut out a window in the front of the card. The image is attached to the inside of the back panel with foam squares. I added some blue glitter glue around the edge for a bit of twinkle. The lighthouse has been added to the outside of the card and I use some Glossy Accents on the light at the top.
I am really please with how this has turned out. I truly love being so inspired when I initially see the digi design but when it actually comes out the way you planned it in your head it amazes me every time!!
Tools - 3D Foam, Promarkers, Nestabilities Die
Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Embellishments - Glitter glue, Glossy Accents
Techniques - die cut, shaped card
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-
- Catch the Bug - Anything Goes
- CES Challenges #48 - Related to Water
- Color Lab #52 - Pool Party, So Saffron, Not Quite Navy
- Craft Us Crazy #14 - Anything Goes
- Crafter's Companion #15 - Glitter & Glitz
- Crafts & Me #46 - Anything Goes
- Crazy 4 Challenges #99 - Shaped Cards
- Cute Card Thursday #176 - No designer paper
- Deep Ocean Challenge #5 - Sea
- Digi's With Attitude #32 - Anything Goes
- Frosted Designs FFC - Colouring In
- Gingerloft #22 - Make it sparkle
- Incy Wincy Designs 105 - 80% Monochromatic card
- Just Some Lines - Outdoors or Summer Colours
- Kelley's Kids - Anything Goes
- Let's Craft & Create #25 - Use a Digi
- Lillypad Cards - Kathy's Colour Palette use 3+ colours
- Moving Along With The Times #110 - Don't be a Square
- Nettie G's Digital Gems - Fancy Folds
- One Stop Craft Challenge #143 - Focus on Sentiment
- Outlawz PAM080611 - Lots of sparkle
- Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
- Pixie Cottage #81 - Learned how to make a new fancy cold card
- Raise The Bar #69 - Anything Goes
- Speedy The Cat's Friend #67 - Not a Standard Card
- Stamp Insanity #71 - Your Fave old challenge #61 Anything Goes
- Stamp Something - August Digi Day
- Stamp n Doodle - At The Beach
- Try It on Tuesday - Beach Related
- Wags n Whiskers #60 - Sparkly
- Whoopsi Daisy - Shaped card