There is an absolutely amazing progressive freebie challenge over at the CDAC. We're on round 1 at the moment which is open for 4 weeks, the other 5 rounds will be open for 2. For this 1st section you register for the freebies and you have to make a minimum of 1 card to be entered into the next round. We have been given 6 fabulous images and this is one of them from Whoopsi Daisy who is an artist new to the CDAC.
If you haven't registered yet you've still got time, pop over to this post and it will explain everything for you.
I have to admit this is the first Whoopsi Daisy image I have coloured and it is just so beautiful. I have used my Promarkers and I was glad of my tiny nibs I can tell you ! I have used a palette of purples as they are my fave colour and I felt it would suit this pretty image. I cut the digi out using a Nestabilities die, distressed the edge with scissors and added some ink to the rough edges.
I used a sketch from Priscilla's Challenge site Midnight Madness sketches and flipped it as the sentiment looked better in the space at the bottom rather than the top. The sentiment is a freebie from Inspired Mommie Designs which I have had for years now. The papers are all scraps from DCWV and MME
Tools - Scissors, Nestabilities die, Promarkers, 3d foam
Techniques - Die cutting, faux stitching, distressing
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-
- CDAC Progressive Challenge #1
- Cheerful Stamp Pad #23 - Petals
- Creative Card Crew - Best Foot Forward
- Cupcake Craft Challenges #154 - Stitching real or fake
- Cupcake Craft Room - Soft & Sweet
- Cutie Sunday #146 - Flowers
- Dare to be Sassy #85 - Distressing
- Digi's With Attitude #32 - Anything Goes
- Hotspot Challenge #7 - Pantone colours (used Phlox, definitely my fave)
- If The Shoe Fits FF#88 - Show Some Green
- Incy Wincy Designs #106 - Something Old & New (old is papers & sentiment, new is main digi)
- Jules' Crafty Snippet's #31 - all papers and matting cards are scraps
- KB Cute Monday #24 - Use a Digi
- Lollipop Crafts #43 - Monochrome