We have a new challenge today over at Happileigh Scrappin' Challenges which is is to make a card using Cool Colours.
We have a colour wheel to show you which see the colours we want to see on your card.
When Leigh first showed us this image I wanted to put it together with a Cuttlebug Embossing folder I have. I could see the little girl balancing precariously on a Christmas gift to put the star on the tree. That's what I love about digi's so much.... the designer can make it to portray one particular occasion but with a bit of imagination cardmakers can come up with something completely different to use it for :)
My base card has a Christmas paper on it from DCWV. The tree is embossed onto pale blue card and then I used an inkpad to distress the embossing and cut around the tree. The image has been coloured with Promarkers and the star has been covered with glitter glue. It was a magazine freebie and there was hardly any glitter in it so I sprinkled some extra fine on it instead. The gift has been made using a paper from Imaginisce with some bits and bobs of ribbon. All the elements except the tree are on 3d foam to add dimension.
Image - Reach For The Stars by Happileigh Scrappin'
Also for every 3 images you purchase you can choose an extra one absolutely free. There are loads of fab images just itching to be played with so you will find it easy to spend your pennies I promise you :)
Please pop on over to see the lovely creations my Happi Sisters have added. There are lots of lovely cards to feast your eyes upon and they are all so different.
Remember, for our challenges you don't need to use a Happileigh Scrappin' image but if you do you it will be entered into a separate draw. With freebies available here it is easy to use one of Leigh's fabulous digis.
We would love to see lots of entries in this challenge. Leigh gives away her lovely digis to the top 3 so it is well worth entering and myself and the DT love to see your creations, so come on over to
Happileigh Scrappin' Challenges to join the fun!
Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Card Size - A5
Paper - DCWV & Imaginisce
Sentiment - Recycled from a Christmas card
Embellishments - thin ribbons, glitter
Tools - 3D Foam & Scissors, Promarkers, Embossing folder, ink pad
Techniques - Embossing, distressing on tree
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-
- Aud's Sentiments #34 - Merry Christmas sentiment
- CES Challenge #49 - Mix & Match (DCWV & Imaginisce)
- Color Lab #52 - Pale blue, denim blue & pale yellow
- C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #115 - Gifts
- Crafter's Companion #15 - Glitter & Glitz
- Crafts 4 Eternity #32 - Blue & White
- Crafty Catz #95 - Embossing
- Crazy 4 Challenges #100 - Monochrome
- Crazy Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes
- Dare to be Sassy #85 - Distressing
- Digi's With Attitude #32 - Anything Goes
- Do It With Digi's #14 - Christmas in August
- Do You Stack Up #32 - Embossing
- Dream Valley Challenges #13 - Distressing
- Gingerloft #22 - Make it sparkle
- Jingle Bells - Bling on the Holidays
- Just Some Lines - Embossing
- Pile It On #33 - lots of Blue
- Pollycraft #106 - Distressing
- Scrapbook Sisters #47 - Stars
- Secret Crafter #147 - Christmas is Coming
- Simon Says Stamp & Show - Bling
- Simply Create #50 - Distressing
- Speedy the Cat's Friend #68 - Distressing
- Squigglefly #111 - Touchy Feely
- Totally Stampalicious - 1 circle, 1 square, 1 rectangle
- Wag's n Whiskers #60 - Sparkly
- Whimsy Inspirations #1 - Ribbons & Bows
- Whoopsi Daisy - Anything Goes