We have a new challenge today over at Happileigh Scrappin' Challenges which is is to make a card using Multiple Folds
For my Card I have used one of he loveliest home images you will find, Rose Cottage
I adore this image and have had it coloured for a while. I have made a gatefold card with a belly wrap closure.
I have used a sheet of A4 card as my base. Using the 30cm long side I cut a 15cm strip and using a scoring board and bone folder created a gatefold card that measures 15cm square. The strip that was left has been used to make the belly wrap.
I used papers from the Summer Bloom pack from Papermania. I used one of the larger rose images from the front of the card pattern matching the design so when it is closed it just looks like ones sheet of paper. The sentiment on the front is a freebie from Raindrop Echo Designs. I cut it out, and the corresponding mat with a Nesties die and used pens to create Faux stitching around the edges. I used a Martha Stewart punch for the heart design and added some sheer ribbon in a deeper colour to pull out the colours in the roses.
For the inside of the card I used 2 of the papers to cover the back section and inside flaps. The Rose Cottage has been coloured with Promarkers. I have also added a simple sentiment inside that was created on the computer. I again used the small labels dies and faux stitching to emulate the from sentiment.
Image - Rose Cottage by Happileigh Scrappin'
Also for every 3 images you purchase you can choose an extra one absolutely free. There are loads of fab images just itching to be played with so you will find it easy to spend your pennies I promise you :)
Please pop on over to see the lovely creations my Happi Sisters have added. There are lots of lovely cards to feast your eyes upon and they are all so different.
Remember, for our challenges you don't need to use a Happileigh Scrappin' image but if you do you it will be entered into a separate draw. With freebies available here it is easy to use one of Leigh's fabulous digis.
We would love to see lots of entries in this challenge. Leigh gives away her lovely digis to the top 3 so it is well worth entering and me and the DT love to see your creations, so come on over to
Happileigh Scrappin' Challenges to join the fun!
Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Card Size - 6" square Gatefold with Belly Wrap
Paper - Papermania Summer Blooms pack
Sentiment - Raindrop Echo Designs
Embellishments - organza ribbon
Tools - 3D Foam & Scissors, Martha Stewart Punch, Promarkers, gel pens, Nestabilities Dies
Techniques - Die Cutting, Paper Punching, Faux Stitching, Multi fold card
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-
- Catch the Bug - Anything Goes
- Cheerful Stamp Pad #23 - Petals
- Colour Create #76 - Pink Green & White
- Craft Us Crazy #14 - Anything Goes
- Crafts & Me #46 - Anything Goes
- Crazy 4 Challenges #99 - Shaped Cards
- Cupcake Craft Challenges #154 - Stitching real or fake
- Dare to be Sassy #84 - Use a Sentiment
- Delightful Challenges - Stitching Real or fake
- Digi's With Attitude #32 - Anything Goes
- Frosted Designs FFC - Colouring In
- If The Shoe Fits FF#88 - Show Some Green
- KB Cute Monday #24 - Use a Digi
- Kich N Bleus Designs #5 - Include some Green
- Let's Craft & Create #25 - Use a Digi
- Mami Doodles #31 - Flowers
- Nettie G's Digital Gems - Fancy Folds
- One Stop Craft Challenge #143 - Focus on Sentiment
- Paper Creators Crafts #4 - Say It With Flowers
- Paper Shelter #25 - Flowers, Flowers, Flowers
- Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
- Pattie's Creations #27 - Stitching real or Fake
- Poodles Parlour - In the Garden
- Sentimental Sunday #67 - Flowers & Sentiment
- Speedy The Cat's Friend #67 - Not a Standard Card
- Stamp Insanity #71 - Your Fave old challenge #61 Anything Goes
- Stamp Man #28 - Stitching real or fake
- Stamp Something - August Digi Day
- Whoopsi Daisy - Shaped card
- Your Next Stamp #48 - Border punches or dies