There's a new challenge today at One Stitch At A Time. It is the 3rd week of our Pretty in Print contest and for this challenge at is Bling It Up!!
Who wouldn't want the opportunity to be published ?
Please follow the rules in our post for entry and good luck!!
We have a fabulous prize up for grabs this week from our sponsor Joanna Sheen.
The lucky winner will get a £10 voucher to spend in her store :)
If you don't already subscribe to the Stitchy Bear Newsletter I would suggest that you sign up as you will always be kept up to date with the latest image news.
Pop over to the store and make sure you sign up for it. While you are there don't forget that for the Month of August we have a new store collab with the theme of Back to School & Occupations which is free with a $10 purchase.
* * * * * * * * * * *
For my card this week I had the pleasure of working with one of Bonna Kelley's gorgeous designs Nanny Rose. Using my Promarkers I coloured it in with my fave pinks and purples. I decoupaged a 2nd layer for the rose and added some shading to the petals and some Stickles glitter glue. Stickles has also been added to the butterflies on her dress, bows in her hair and the top of her socks, proper girly :) The image has been mounted onto some mirri card in a toning shade.
I used an A4 sheet of purple card for the blank and cut a piece of Woodland Folk paper to fit. This is from a snippet so I can enter this into Jules' snippet challenge. I've got another snippet of it left and one more A4 sheet, I'm going to be gutted when this pad runs out as I love all the papers in it.
I have used a spotty rub-on on the ribbon and gone to town with the embellishments. I layered some pretty flowers together with a gem brad and added some pink gems to the bottom corner. I was toying with the idea of leaving it but then opted to add a HOTP tag with some more ribbon, a glittery brad and a Doodlebug butterfly sticker which has been blinged up with a bit more stickles.
I am really pleased with this card, it is so pretty and in some of my fave colours and of course it has loads of bling on it. I went to town a bit on this card and no better excuse than with a " Bling It On " challenge.
Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Embellishments - Gems by Paperchase, Stickles Glue, 2 ribbons, glittered brad, gem brad, paper flowers, HOTP tag, Dooglebug sticker, Stampin Up Rub-ons
Tools - 3d foam, scissors, Promarkers
Techniques - Decoupage
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-
- Aud's Sentiments #35 - Anything Goes
- Cheerful Stamp Pad #23 - Petals
- Clear It Out Tuesday - Glitter
- Corrosive Challenge #130 – Girlie
- Craft Garden - Bold Bright & Loud
- Craft Us Crazy #15 - Anything Goes
- Crafter's Companion #15 - Glitter & Glitz
- Crafting For All Seasons #7 - Tags
- Crafts 4 Eternity #33 - Tag, flag or ticket
- Cupcake Inspirations #124 – Colours of Pink, Purple & green
- Delightful Inspiration Saturday – Anything Goes
- Digi's With Attitude #32 - Anything Goes
- Fussy & Fancy Challenge #43 - Use 3 of your fave Embellishments (paper flowers)
- Hotspot #7 - Pantone Colours (Phlox & Honeysuckle)
- Jules Craft Snippets #33 - Make a card using paper Snippets