My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Sunday 11 December 2011

Happy Birthday Paul


Yesterday it was my Hubby's birthday and I took him to see Grease the musical at the Alexandra Theatre in Birmingham. It was a fab evening and they put on a really great show full of energy and all the songs you know and love.

For his Birthday card I made a gatefold design and covered it with a lovely metallic cardstock from my DCWV Mariposa stack. The dancing couple image is a freebie from the Creative Mind of Sylvie coloured with Promarkers and Flexmarkers. As I had ordered the tickets online and had to pick them up at the box office I couldn't 'give' them to him so I printed some tickets and added the relevant text to it, he was really surprised I was taking him out and had bought him 2 new shirts so he could take his pick of what he wanted to wear.


Of course, being a gatefold card it had a nice surprise inside too J

2 Tickets to Strictly Come Dancing live for January. We have both really got into it this season and enjoy watching it snuggled up together on the sofa. I am so lucky that he likes dancey things and can enjoy them without feeling he is 'not a man' or his manliness is under question and he was delighted with this gift too.

I used some more of the same paper for the inside of the card and the dancers image is from Digi Darla, again coloured with Promarkers and Flexmarkers. The sentiment is one I made up and is completely true. I am so lucky that after more than 22 years I love him to bits and he still makes my tummy tipple over inside.......

Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Card Size – A5 Gatefold
Paper – DCVW
Embellishments – Tickets by Dezinaworld
Tools – scissors, 3d foam, Promarkers, Flexmarkers


3 comments:

Catherine said...

Fab card....

Linda said...

OH my goodness. This is wonderful. Happy Birthday to your hubby.Sounds like fun.

Maire Gamber said...

Great card and what a nice surprise inside!!! :D
Hugs,
Marie