It’s Round 10 of the Progressive Challenge at CDAC and we have some lovely
Bringing In The New Year
themed images for this round. Team A have the pleasure in bringing you some gorgeous samples for the images for this round.
My card is using a cute image called Beary Sweet Winter from Digi’s by Phooka.
I have combined 3 digital images together to make this card. I used a previous freebie Fireworks design by Anne Fenton for the background, placed the cute bear in front and used a sentiment stamp from Shannon’s Sentiments adding the 2012 with a font in the graphics programme. I love the flexibility you have with digis and that you can combine images to make something unique for your own cards.
The image is coloured with Promarkers and I have used a clear Sakura glitter pen on the stars, adding lots of star shaped and small gems from Papermania in clear and blue.
I have used a sheet of pearlescent card for the base card, adding a piece of metallic card with embossed silver stars. The image is matted onto some more card and raised on 3d foam. The holographic stars have been in my stash for years and I threaded some metal brads from Papermania through, adding them to the top of the card to look like they are part of the fireworks.
I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a Happy New Year, I hope that 2012 has started off well for you and will bring you much happiness and good health.
If you have taken part in the last challenge you will be receiving your images to work with for this part. If however you didn't enter all is not lost. For the paltry sum of only $1 you can buy back into the challenge and you will receive the images.
The deadline to enter your cards is 31st January. For all details on this challenge, the rules and how it works please pop over to this thread at the CDAC
Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Sentiment – Shannon’s Sentiments
Paper – Kanban
Embellishments – Gems & Brads by Papermania
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-
- Bizzy Becs – Anything Goes
- Card Makin’ Mamas – Happy New Year
- Corrosive Challenge #140 – Ring In The New Year
- Craft Garden – Monochrome
- Crafty Boots Challenge – New Beginnings
- Crafty Creations #152 – Something New (digi)
- Crafty Purple Frog – Anything Goes
- Diva’s By Design #18 – New Beginnings
- Gingerloft #31 – Anything Goes
- I Love Promarkers #99 – Cute & Cuddly
- Fresh Brewed Designs #77 – Something new (digi)
- House of Gilli #24 – Anything Goes
- Kaboodle Doodles #101 – Fireworks/Celebration
- Lexi’s Creations #56 – Anything Goes
- Ooh La La Creations #96 – New Beginnings
- Paper Cutz #120 – New Year
- Pile It On #3 – Fuzzy Friends
- Simply Create Too #4 – More Than 2 Layers
- Some Odd Girl – Bling it Up
- Stampin’ For The Weekend #24 – Out With The Old (had the embossed card for years!)
- The Squirrel & the Fox #9 – Critters
- Truly Madly Crafty – Anything Goes