It’s Round 18 of the Progressive Challenge at CDAC and for this final round and it is all about
Well in the UK our weather has been so up and down lately it doesn’t feel like we will have a Summer but the images we have for this, the final round of challenges at CDAC will help to bring a bit of Summer to your lives. I’m sure you will have as much fun with them as we the DT have.
I decided to go quite bold and bright with this card. I have this brilliant set of 3 craft drawers by DCWV that I got from QVC some years ago and I knew the Summer one had some ice cream themed items so this was where I started. I printed the design so that I could decoupage the layers and picked the colours of blue and pink from the main patterned paper. The textured cardstock is colour co-ordinated from the same drawer set and the patterned brad is also from there.
I used a Nestabilities die to cut the image and mounted the layers with 3d foam. The final layer has had a coat of Glossy Accents applied and I have added some beads that have been recycled from an old t-shirt.
The layout has been inspired by a sketch from Clean & Simple Stamping, however I am not convinced they will accept my entry as my card is probably not CAS enough for them, mind you it is quite CAS for me…..
The sentiment if a freebie from Wink Wink Ink and is again cut with a nestie die and inked around the edges.
If you have taken part in the last challenge you will be receiving your images to work with for this part. If however you didn't enter all is not lost. For the paltry sum of only $1 you can buy back into the challenge and you will receive the images.
The deadline to enter your cards is 30th May. For all details on this challenge, the rules and how it works please pop over to this thread at the CDAC
Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Card Size – A5
Sentiment – Wink Wink Ink
Paper – DCWV Summer Drawer set
Embellishments – beds, DCWV brad
Tools – Promarkers, Flexmarkers, 3d foam, Nestabilies Die, Fiskars punch, small ink pad, Glossy Accents
Techniques – Distressing, Die Cutting, Punching, Decoupage
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-
- A Blog Named Hero #4 – Dust ‘em off (DCWV items years old)
- Bearly Mine #35 – Dies
- Bunny Zoe #24 – Anything Goes
- Cardmadfairy’s Digi Days #33 – Clean & Simple
- CES #85 – Anything Goes
- Clean & Simple Stamping #190 – Sketch for Layout
- Clear It Out Challenge – Use Brads (all DCWV stash years old)
- C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #154 – Celebration (Birthday)
- Crafter’s Companion #24 – Here Comes Summer
- Crafty Blogger’s Network #21 - Decoupage
- Crafty Catz #132 – Birthday
- Crafty Sentiments – Bingo (Patterned paper, coloured image, punches or dies)
- Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #169 – Letter P (Pink, Patterned paper, punch)
- Hotshot Crafts #8 – Use Die cuts
- I Love Promarkers #117 – Anything Goes
- Inspire Me Fridays #58 – Anything Goes
- Jackson’s Digital Expressions #4 – Anything Goes (Thankyou for the honor roll!)
- Just Keep On Creating #2 – Anything Goes
- LEJ Designs #3 – Lots of Layers
- Make It Monday #89 – Link Up Party
- Paper Shelter #64 – Birthday Card
- Rainbow Lady #201 – Age (decoupage)
- Scrapbook Sisters #84 – Two Colours
- Shelly’s Images TTT – Use Something That Makes You Happy (paper stashed for years)
- Simon Says Stamp & Show – Anything Goes
- Truly Scrumptious #80 – Anything Goes
- Waste Not Wednesdays #19 – (DCWV Stuff is Years old)
- Whimsy Inspirations #39 – Anything Goes