Jules from Daisy Doodles has been doodling and just look at this cute little guy. I fell in love with him immediately and I am so proud to be the first person to create something with him as I wanted to do something special for the launch of this fabulous image.
I knew I was going to make a card, that was the easy part. I have used Promarkers and Flexmarkers to colour the image and used a Nestabilities labels die to cut it out. Using a Tim Holtz distress ink pad and a duster brush I have added some pale green and brown around the image. I have used a small almost dry black ink pad to distress around the edges and then matted onto a scrap of brown HOTP paper to provide a contrast to the background.
The spotty paper is by Dovecraft from my current fave pad Boho Chic, the flowery paper is a magazine freebie from Raspberry Road.
The sentiment is a freebie from Paper Smooches and is just perfect for a cheery card like this. I have coloured it in yellow and matted with a scrap of an old Molton Brown catalogue in a metallic bronze colour.
To finish it off I added some little butterflies, a glittery gold fabric butterfly and some 3d sunflower stickers from Poundland which I have had in my stash for at least 3 years.
Now what I really wanted to have a go at was making Mr Potts into a little character who could live in my houseplant, I just wasn’t sure if I could make it work……
I enlarged this section of the digi to 4” high and again coloured him in with Promarkers. I ran it through my Xyron sticker machine and added him to a thicker piece of card to give him more stability. I then used some wide clear packing tape to laminate him front and back and used a fine tipped embossing tool to run around the edges and ensure it was well sealed. I used a fine pair of scissors to cut close to the edge, leaving a small border so it was watertight. The ‘stick’ is one of those long coffee stirrers that us crafters grab from those well known coffee establishments.
I really am so chuffed with this little guy, he looks really cute living in my plant. It really makes me smile when I see him and even my hubby likes it.
You’ve still got till Sunday night to enter into our May Flowers Challenge
I'll see you again next week with another lovely Daisy Doodles design.
Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Card Size – A5
Image – Mr by Daisy’s Digi Doodles
Papers – Dovecraft Boho Chic First Editon, HOTP, Raspberry Road
Sentiment – Paper Smooches
Tools - 3d Foam pads, Promarkers, Flexmarkers, Ink pad, Nestabilities Die, wide clear packing tape, coffee stirrer
Embellishments – Hobbycraft gold glitter fabric butterfly, small butterfly stickers, 3d Flower stickers from Poundland
Techniques – Diecutting, distressing, 3d project not a card
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-
- Alphabet Challenge ‘G’ – Garden
- ATC’s & Cards With Attitude #12 – Anything Goes/Butterflies & Blooms
- Card Makin’ Mamas #45 – May Flowers
- Catch the Bug – Things With Wings
- CES #85 – Anything Goes
- Craft Your Days Away #45 – All Creatures Great & Small
- Crafts and Me #83 – Punches & Die Cuts
- Crafty Calendar Challenge – Things With Wings
- Crafty Creations #169 – Frame It
- Crafty Ribbons #19 – Flowers
- Creative Craft Challenge – Anything Goes
- Critter Sketch Challenge #115 – Flowers
- Delightful Challenges – Distressing
- Di’s Digi Designs – Spring
- Do You Stack Up #71 – Flowers
- Fairytale Challenge #41 – Things With Wings
- Hooked on Crafts #20 – Flowers
- Hotshot Crafts #8 – Use Die cuts
- Hybrid Chick Card Caravan #19 – Flowers
- Inspire Me Fridays #58 – Anything Goes
- Jackson’s Digital Expressions #3 – Anything Goes
- Just Keep On Creating #2 – Anything Goes
- Lia Stampz #17 – May Flowers
- Make It Monday #89 – Link Up Party
- Order of the Opus Gluei #130 – Beyond The Garden Gate
- Paper Pretties PPMC39 – Glitter
- Paper Shelter #63 – Anything Goes
- Papertake Weekly – Cute, Cute, Cute
- Platypus Creek #6 - Flowers
- Scrap It Girl – May Flowers
- Shelly’s Images TTT – Something That Makes You Happy
- Simon Says Stamp & Show – Anything Goes
- Sisterhood of Crafters – May Flowers
- So Artful Challenge – Butterflies & Fairies
- Stamping Sisters in Christ #139 – Animals, Birds or Bugs
- Stamptacular Sunday #163 – Butterflies
- Sunday’s With Crissy #29 – Things With Wings
- Sweet Stampin’ Challenge – Flower Power
- Tammy’s Scrapin Corner #10 – Flowers
- Truly Madly Crafty – 5 (sunflowers)
- Truly Scrumptious #80 – Anything Goes
- Waste Not Wednesdays #18 – (sunflower stickers +3 years old)
- Whimsy Inspirations #38 – Add Dimension