My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Sunday 7 July 2013

OSAAT #171 Fold It



There's a new challenge today at One Stitch At  A Time 

Fold It

Our sponsor this week is Stitchy Bear’s Digi Outlet and there is a fabulous prize of a $10 Store Gift voucher for the lucky winner who uses a Store image.

Please head on over to the NEW LOOK  & REBRANDED Stitchy Bear’s Digi Outlet to check out all the lovely digis on offer from our great designers. There are some freebies available and there is a selection of cut price Monthly Specials that change often, there really is so much to choose from thanks to our very talented designers.

Also, to keep ahead of all the latest news you can sign up to the newsletter & become a follower at the



You must use a store image to win the main prizes and all other entries will be in a draw to win $3 to spend in the store

* * * * * * * * * * *


Mrs Christmas (me!) decided that a multi-fold challenge just screamed make a concertina card using all the images from the 12 Days of Christmas pack by Stitchy Stamps. I have loved this series of images, they are so fun and perfect for my bright style of cardmaking. Now this is alright in principle but I massively underestimated how long this was going to take to do. I am just about to go on holiday and am being pulled away from my crafting for various reasons at the moment. Having said that I am so pleased with how this has turned out. I get so much pleasure when an idea that I have formed in the back of my mind actually turns out the way I wanted.

I started by creating 12 circles in my graphics programme and popped the digis inside these so they were all going to be the same finished panel size. I coloured them in with Flexmarkers and Promarkers keeping to the dominant colours of red, green and gold throughout. I used the same colours on all the images to create continuity throughout the project.

I’d worked out a mock folded card using scraps and knew I needed 7 double sides to allow for a sentiment front and the panel to write a personal message on. I cut 14 pieces of white card 5.5” square and then used the strips I had left from the A4 sheet to create hinges. I did a double width score line in the middle of these strips to allow for the bulk of the card when you fold the concertina. I made a project in the past where I didn’t do that and it was big regret as it never sat neatly when it was closed, nor did it allow for extra bulk with die cuts and layers. That was a very valuable lesson that has paid dividends with this card. You can see all the images below starting with the front of the card/book which has a freebie that is still available here from Tracey Brossart’s blog









I bet you couldn’t look at those pictures without singing the song J
I used the same die cut tree and snowflakes throughout adding flowers from Craftwork Cards with gold outline stickers and Santa themed epoxy resin stickers.
Altogether, this project took
23 snowflake shapes,
14 patterned papers,
12 digi images,
10 die cut flowers,
10 Santa Stickers
8 die cut trees,
4 rolls of red line sticky tape,
1 Digi Sentiment
And it has a Partridge in a Pear Tree J (sorry couldn’t resist!)

* * * * * * * * * * *
 Please pop over to OSAAT to see the fab cards from my colleagues on the DT. I look forward to seeing your entries for this challenge

Materials Used in this Project are as follows:-
Card size – 5.5” Concertina Card
Sentiment – Freebie from Bross Artful Designs
Paper – Assorted from DCWV Christmas Stacks
Tools – Letraset Promarkers & Flexmarkers, Marianne Creatable Tree die, Nestabilities Small circle scallop die, Shapeabilites Create a Flake 3
Embellishments – peel off stickers, Epoxy resin stickers, Die cut flowers from Craftwork Cards
Techniques - Diecutting

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-

6 comments:

Hazel said...

Absolutely fantastic, Mandy, and such a lot of hard work. I hope you enjoy your holiday! Hazel x

Crafting Vicky said...

WOW no kidding it took a long time to do but it's fabulous. Hope you have a great holiday!!!

Mimi said...

WOW - what a wonderful creation Mandy, all the work was really worth it with this one, it's beautiful. You certainly pulled the stops out with the number of folds. Hugs Jane your OSAAT DT sister

CraftyGirl said...

Such a wonderful 12 days of Christmas card. and I love the Beach step card below this post. Sorry I have not commented on your blog lately, been out of my mind busy.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
Your Sister OSAAT DT
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

Cindy Groh said...

Very cute Mandy.

Hazel said...

Fantastic folds - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge extra for July – hope to see you again soon. x