There's a new challenge today at One Stitch At A Time
Make It Girly
Our sponsor this week is Stitchy Bear’s Digi Outlet and there is a fabulous prize of 7 images for the lucky winner who uses a Stitchy Bears Store image.
Please head on over to the Stitchy Bear’s Digi Outlet to check out all the lovely digis on offer from our great designers. There are some freebies available and there is a selection of cut price Monthly Specials that change often, there really is so much to choose from thanks to our very talented designers
You must use a store image to win the main prizes and all other entries will be in a draw to win $3 to spend in the store
* * * * * * * * * * *
For this challenge I was allocated Alipeeps Art and I chose to use this image Miss Peony. I was attracted to the rather wistful look she has and for some reason I could see her being a rather sophisticated lady with grey hair. This then developed into an all silver and purple card. Funny how one thing sparks off the look of the whole card isn’t it?
The image is coloured with my beloved Promarkers and Flexmarkers and I added a Sakura glitter pen for silvery lines in the grey hair and accents on the face. I used a brand new die which was a Valentine’s day pressie from my husband (purchased by me of course!) I used a small Versamark pad to add some purple ink to the lighted coloured card. I felt this brought the colour from the flower in the hair out and made it more prominent.
The card base is a sheet of A4 card in a dark purple with a layer of silver pearlescent card. The patterned paper is from a First Edition pad which has encapsulated glitter so it is not too prominent.
I used the February sketch from Paper Poppy for the layout and added some sheer organza ribbon with some pretty Prima flowers, a silver beadcap and a glitter brad in the centre. The sentiment is a diecut to which I added some small gems and also used one for an earring on Miss Peony.
I am really pleased with how this card came out. Definitely ticks the girly box but also quite tame and sophisticated for me….
Materials Used in this Project are as follows:-
Card size – A5
Paper – Daydream pad by First Edition/Dovecraft,
Sentiment – Unknown diecut one
Tools – Spellbinders Nestabilties Heart Squares Die, Letraset Promarkers & Flexmarkers, Sakura clear glitterpen, Versamark ink pad
Embellishments – gems, organza ribbon, Prima flowers, bead cup, glitter brad
Techniques – diecutting
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-
- Card Makin’ Mamas – #81 3 or more layers
- Catered Crop - Birthdays
- Crafting From The Heart - # 7 Anything Goes/Use Flowers
- Craft Your Passion - #201 Girly Girl
- Crafty Girls Challenge - #12 Anything Goes
- Crafty Ribbons - #77 Anything Goes
- Crafty Sentiments – Anything Goes
- Digi Sketch Challenge – Glitter Theme
- Digistamps 4Joy - #86 Dies or Punches
- Di’s Digi Designs – Tic Tac Toe (Digi, die cut,Flower)
- Inklings & Yarns - #45 Anything Goes
- Ladybug Crafts Ink TLT – Flowers Galore
- Love to Create - #103 Make it sparkle with Bling
- Milk Coffee Challenge – Girly
- My Craft Creations – Anything Goes
- Paper Makeup Stamps Digi Makeover – #128 Add Dimension
- Paper Nest Dolls – #4 Anything Goes
- Paper Poppy – February Sketch
- Paper Pretties
- Papertake Weekly – Lovely Layers
- Pumpkin Spice - #60 Flowers
- The Squirrel & the Fox – #64 Something Spooled