My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Tuesday 5 January 2010

Hello

Hello and welcome to a very bright card. I don't normally 'do' green but I am really starting to like using it, even brighter lime greens like this one. Very strange indeed for me.

I've got loads of papers and scraps freebies from magazines and I would like to try and use more in my cards this year. My little craft room is heaving with stuff so other than tools like dies and embossing folders I want try and limit how many papers I buy this year as I really do have an awful lot. I'm sure I'm not going to be the only crafter that says that though.... LOL

Card was made primarily with the Day 307 challenge from 365 Cards where you were to use 5 items 5 times. There are 5 individual papers, 5 chipboard letters, 5 brads, 5 Prima blossoms and 5 bling rhinestones. I used a black inkpad to distress the edge of the squares, the yellow mat and the edge of the card.

I used a Fiskars punch to create a 'ribbon' from paper and then layered a strip of green paper on top before fixing the flower/brad/bling combo in place.

Anyhoo, this card satisfies the following challenges:-

11 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Your card is very bright and fun - Mandy!!! Love it!!! glad you had a chance to play the FTTC with us!!! Hugs ~S~

Ali Dantre said...

Lovely card sweetheart. Very pretty! Thanks for joining in over at sophisticats challenges.
Hugs
Lisa.DT/Owner

For my Digi sentiments.Please visit

http://www.etsy.com/shop/allissadesigns

Janiel/ janny said...

OH Mandy this is so BRIGHT and CHEERFUL!! Great use of the colours.
Thanks for joining us at Colour Create.
hugs, Janiel

Sarn said...

Very bright and beautiful x

Betty Wright said...

Mandy, this is so fantastic! Love the design! Great suite of included challenges, too! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Fab card Mandy. Love the way you've placed the letters with the flowers in between. gorgeous punch work too. Thanks for joining us at both the Colour Create and the One Stop Craft Challenges.
Sharon xx

Unknown said...

What a lovely Bright Card, just great for cheering us up at this dismal time off year, good luck with your challenges, many thanks for playing along at Sophisticats this week. Hugs Avril xxx

Wishcraft said...

Fab card Mandy, I love it! I love bright colours like these - in fact I've got one to upload later using similar shades lol. Thanks so much for commenting on Morgan's card and for following him, it makes him so happy :o) Lisa x

Anonymous said...

hi mandy!
happy new year! You should have warned us that we needed some sunglasses to see this super duper happy and bright card! Love it!

Thanks for playing w/ us @ PIO.

-- dalis

Dena said...

Super cute card! I love how you used the colors for this challenge!
Thanks for joining Colour Create this time around!
Hugs, Dena

Sam said...

Love the fresh colours you've used here. Thanks for playing along at CCC.
Sam x