This card is made from a lovely freebie paper pack that came from the latest issue of Simply Cards & Papercraft. It's all tweety birds and love hearts and in bright funky colours so suits me down to the ground.
I used the latest sketch at Inspirational Card Sketches for the layout. The backing paper is a red on red swirly design. The wavy heart strip was cut from another piece of the paper. The white card was embossed using the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder. I edged it with a black inkpad and distressed the edges with scissors. This is a technique that I have seen many people do but haven't had a go at myself. I like the fluffy edges it gave to the piece and can see me doing this again.
The central image is also from the free papers. I stuck it onto card to make it stronger so I could mount it on 3D foam. The little hearts are some great dimensional stickers I got from Paperchase on Saturday. I got oodles of really funky hearts for a £1. Last but not least the sentiment was added from the same paper pack.
I have incorporated the following challenges into this card :-
- Inspirational Card Sketches #49 - Layout of Card
- 365 Cards Day 280 - Put red & white stripes somewhere on your card (heart embellishment)
- Creative Card Crew #42 - Distressing
- Corrosive Challenge #46 - Distressing
- Creative Inspirations #43 - Use something New received in the New Year
- Flourishes - Feel the Love
- Get Creative With Ann GCA #73 - Love Is In The Air
- ABC Challenge - L is for Layering