OMG, I am so late with my DT card, Vix will be threatening to chuck me off the DT! Paul and I went for a lovely weekend away and stayed at an old mill in Somerset, it was so quiet and peaceful and we even went to the seaside. Anyhoo, I digress and must get back to the job on hand.....
This week Gill has set the challege to feature a fairy and you must use at least 2 punches (NOT DIECUTS!!)
We are sponsored for this one by the lovely
Who has once again offered a gift certificate of £10 to one lucky winner. I myself have shopped there many times and their service is superb. I've never had any out of stocks and the despatch them very quickly.
So onto my offering for this challenge:-
Do you know I went through my ever expanding collection of digital stamps and I only have 6 fairies!! I am sure that is something that would give Vix the sweats as she luvs her fairies and is brilliant at colouring them in. If you have never visited her blog before you NEED to, her cards are so detailed and I am in awe of how good they are. I will never be able to colour as good as she does but I have improved an awful lot :) I am not normally into fairies but I have to admit I really enjoyed colouring this one in.
The Daisy Fairy image is from Prairie Fairy and for the card I chose a colour scheme of Purples and Yellow as they are lovely spring colours and I just want this blooming dull weather to go away now please.....I have coloured the image with Promarkers and really concentrated on my shading to try and add depth to it. I think this is one of my better efforts, for some reason I find working with purples easier than most other colours. I have added a clear Sakura glitter pen to the wings to make them shimmer 'cos little fairies have to have twinkle don't they?
The dotty paper in the background is MME, the yellow stripe is Papermania. I cut a strip of this paper for the yellow 'ribbon' and trimmed a piece of purple cardstock with a Martha Stewart punch.
I also used 2 flower punches to create my little daisies and added some bling to the centres. I made my own stick pin from some hat pins I bought at a haberdashery. The faceted bead came from a necklace I bought at the Rag Market for £1. It had loads of yellow and brown beads on like these and was worth chopping up for that price! I added 2 small purple beads from my stash and there is a glue dot inside the last bead which holds it all in place.
The butterfly is a mirrored glass embellishment I bought from Hobbycraft. There were 3 designs in the bag and they are so pretty. I have just added some gems to the centre and a small sentiment from an assorted pack by Anita's
I hope you will visit the Crafty Cardmakers blog and take part in this challenge. The rest of the DT have made some fabulous creations. Also take a visit to our new Crafty Cardmakers Spotlight blog where the spotlights plus tutorial will be going shortly and we are having a DT call at the moment.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-
- Bizzy Becs - Sketch for Layout
- Allsorts #91 - Inspired by Nature (flowers & Butterfly)
- A Spoonful of Sugar #140 - Birthday Card
- Bunny Zoes #9 - Spring Flowers
- Card Makin' Mama's #15 - Happy Birthday
- Charisma Cardz #7 - Spring
- Corrosive Challenge #104 - Magical Creature (fairy)
- Crafts & Me - Things With Wings
- Crafty Sentiments - Lemon & Lilac
- Creative Cottage #33 - Fabulous Florals
- Cute Card Thursday #152 - Use Something Shiny (mirror butterfly & gems)
- Dare to be Sassy #60 - Use at least one Punch
- Delicious Doodles #13 - Glitz & Bling
- Digi Doodle Shops Best #57 - Anything Goes
- Digital Tuesday #98 - Punches
- Digistamps For Joy #13 - Create a card with a Sentiment
- Dutch Dare #17 - Sparkle/Glitter/Bling
- Fairy Knoll #38 - Birthday
- Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #106 - Birthday Card
- Get Creative With Ann #125 - Birthday
- Guylou's Inimitability - Anything Goes (sorry about last week, I hadn't read the rules properly)
- I Did It Creations #43 - Anything Goes
- If the Shoe Fits FF#67 - Happy Birthday
- Incy Wincy Designs #82 - Punches or Dies
- Lexi's Creations #34 - Flowers
- Mami Doodles #20 - Flowers
- Meljen's Designs #46 - Happy Birthday with sentiment
- My Sheri Crafts #45 -All about Girls
- One Stitch At A Time #50 - Anything but a Square
- Paper Play #7 - Shiny
- Pile It On #98 - Childhood Dreams
- Pixie Dust Studio #62 - Anything except a Square card
- Quirky Crafts #4 - Use something recycled (faceted bead from jewellery)
- Samuel Taylor Challenge - use Promarkers or Copics
- Scrap Creations - Birthday
- Shelly's Images TTT - Show Us What You Got
- Simon Says Stamp - Make Your Own Embellishment (hat pin & Flowers)
- Simon Says Stamp & Show - Stripes
- Stampin' With The Dragon - Happy Birthday
- Stamp It Crazy - Free For All
- Stamps R Us #15 - For The Girls
- Tellen's Place - Happy Birthday
- Top Tip Tuesday #23 - Bling
- Totally Papercrafts #54 - Do it With Digi
- Tuesday Throwdown #37 - 3D (elements and image raised on foam plus pin)
- Wags 'n Whiskers #48 - Punches