My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Tuesday 22 February 2011

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge # 40

OMG, I am so late with my DT card, Vix will be threatening to chuck me off the DT! Paul and I went for a lovely weekend away and stayed at an old mill in Somerset, it was so quiet and peaceful and we even went to the seaside. Anyhoo, I digress and must get back to the job on hand.....

This week Gill has set the challege to feature a fairy and you must use at least 2 punches (NOT DIECUTS!!)

We are sponsored for this one by the lovely

Who has once again offered a gift certificate of £10 to one lucky winner. I myself have shopped there many times and their service is superb. I've never had any out of stocks and the despatch them very quickly.

So onto my offering for this challenge:-


Do you know I went through my ever expanding collection of digital stamps and I only have 6 fairies!! I am sure that is something that would give Vix the sweats as she luvs her fairies and is brilliant at colouring them in. If you have never visited her blog before you NEED to, her cards are so detailed and I am in awe of how good they are. I will never be able to colour as good as she does but I have improved an awful lot :) I am not normally into fairies but I have to admit I really enjoyed colouring this one in.

The Daisy Fairy image is from Prairie Fairy and for the card I chose a colour scheme of Purples and Yellow as they are lovely spring colours and I just want this blooming dull weather to go away now please.....I have coloured the image with Promarkers and really concentrated on my shading to try and add depth to it. I think this is one of my better efforts, for some reason I find working with purples easier than most other colours. I have added a clear Sakura glitter pen to the wings to make them shimmer 'cos little fairies have to have twinkle don't they?

The dotty paper in the background is MME, the yellow stripe is Papermania. I cut a strip of this paper for the yellow 'ribbon' and trimmed a piece of purple cardstock with a Martha Stewart punch.

I also used 2 flower punches to create my little daisies and added some bling to the centres. I made my own stick pin from some hat pins I bought at a haberdashery. The faceted bead came from a necklace I bought at the Rag Market for £1. It had loads of yellow and brown beads on like these and was worth chopping up for that price! I added 2 small purple beads from my stash and there is a glue dot inside the last bead which holds it all in place.

The butterfly is a mirrored glass embellishment I bought from Hobbycraft. There were 3 designs in the bag and they are so pretty. I have just added some gems to the centre and a small sentiment from an assorted pack by Anita's

I hope you will visit the Crafty Cardmakers blog and take part in this challenge. The rest of the DT have made some fabulous creations. Also take a visit to our new Crafty Cardmakers Spotlight blog where the spotlights plus tutorial will be going shortly and we are having a DT call at the moment.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

48 comments:

Dorcas said...

Beautiful colors! I'm so glad you could join us at DDCC!

Anonymous said...

Very cute card. I love the colors you used. Thanks for joining us at Stamping With The Dragon.
Hugs,
Beth

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Mandy. Such a lovely card, gorgeous colours and your image really stands out with your design. Love the border. Thank you for joining us at Tellens Place and good luck.
Love Sandra xx

Two Dogs and a Book said...

Hi Mandy! What a pretty card! Thanks for participating in our challenge at Guylou's!
Cheers!
Guylou

Regan said...

Sweet card! Love the border punch and all the flowers! :)

downrightcrafty said...

What a lovely creations and great birthday card too
thank you for sharing your work with us at Stampin with the Dragon hugs Kate xx

pinky said...

Lovely combination of colours and image. Thanks for playing along at Crafty Sentiments Designs this week.

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super, I love the pretty fairy, thanks for playing along on OSAAT and Crafty Sentiments this week Hazelxoxo

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Mandy :-) I love this image ,, soo cute and the papers and design are fab :)


thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Unknown said...

So pretty! And I love all the little details. Thanks so much for joining our challenge this week at Shelly's Images. Please join us again soon!

Allison said...

lovely card
Thanks for playing along with Charisma this week
AllisonX

Jackie Thomas said...

Super card and such vibrant colours. Thanks for joining us in Bizzy Becs February Challenge. Hugs Jackie

Do What You Love said...

The color scheme is lovely, Mandy. I love the butterfly and the flowers really add to the dimensional look. Thanks for joining us this week at Tellen's Place for our "Birthday" challenge. :~)

Mel said...

Oh gorjuss!
I love the fab bright colours and that wee image is super sweet!
Hugs Melly xxx

Fleur said...

A fab card
Thanks for joining my nature challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

lindyloo said...

what a faaby card
Thanks for joining us at the creative cottage hope to see you again hugs linda x

Love crafts forever said...

Thanks for playing with us at Stamping With The Dragon and OSAAT.
Hugs Nataliya.

Tracy said...

Very pretty! Love the little flower spray. :-) Thanks so much for joining us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!

Tracy S said...

Beautifully done! Love the purple and yellow together. Thank you so much for joining us this week over at Guylou's!!!

Josephine said...

So pretty, Mandy!

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck!

Nancy Wethington said...

Ahhh stripes! Thnks for joininig the Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge blog.

Maggie's Crafts said...

What a sweet card!

Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday @ http://toptiptuesday.blogspot.com/ Please come back on Tuesday for another brilliant tip! :)

Maggie

xx

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL, thanks for joining us at Flourishes.

Marion Kuipers-van Eijsden said...

Amazing card.. and what a lot of challenges you could enter! WOW!
Thanks for joining us this week at Tottaly papercrafts Challenge. Hope you will be back next week!
Hugs
Marion

Kelly said...

Very pretty, love the colours. Thank you for playing along at Digistamps4Joy x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I like those complimentary colors and the punched part!! Very eye-catching : )

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!

-Sarah

Jolara said...

beautifull ! Thanks for joining the pixies this week ! Joyce xo

Unknown said...

Beautiful work, fab ....thanks so much for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments...... Jo xx

Jennie said...

Hope you had a wonderful trip away :)
Your fairy card is beautiful Thanks so much for joining us at IDIC this week xxx

Unknown said...

Awww this is gorgeous, love your fairy, she is beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments and OSAAT this week. Good luck xx

My Sheri CRAFTS said...

Oh I love the color combo and image! Thanks for sharing with us this week!

Taylor said...

Mandy, this is just too sweet! And wow you got it into a lot of challenges! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Pixie Dust Studio!!

Joynana said...

The color combination is wonderful and the fairy is just to cute. Thanks for joining us at Tellen's Place.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours. xx

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

Beautiful card; I love the colours! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Tellen's Place :D

Cheryl said...

Beautiful colors! Thank you for joining our Birthday Challenge at Meljen’s Designs.

--Cheryl--

Elizabeth Sanchez said...

lovely card! thnx for playing with us at cmm!!

lesleyworth said...

so very pretty! love those mini flowers! thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!

Terry said...

Lovely card thank you for sharing it with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show, hugs terry xxxx

Scrappy Scatty said...

lovely card fabby colours
Thank you for playing the Digistamps4joy Going Sentimental challenge and hope to see you again soon
Love Jan
xx

Spyder said...

Your card's lovely Mandy! Good luck on all your challenges! and thank you for joining Quirky Craft's, a new challenge starts on Sunday! It's time to pop back over to Quirky Craft's and chose your favourite top three! and ask your blogging buddies to vote for you!!
((Lyn))

Jackie Randolph said...

Beautiful colors for a sweet birthday card, Thanks for sharing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Linda . J said...

Beautiful card Mandy and the colours and design are gorgeous. Thank you for joining us over at Digistamps4joy.
Hugs Linda

Kristen said...

Super cute card! Thanks for playing with us this week at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations!

Lauren said...

Beautiful card! I love your 3D elements! The stick pin is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

Lauren

This N That said...

Def catches the eye and adds some beauty to the day. thank you for playing with Card Makin Mamas!

Marilyn said...

Great card & Thanks for joining Stamps R Us.

Vixykins said...

Never say never :P Doing a pretty good job there yaself sweetie! Lovely bold colour scheme Mandy, fab work! xx

Thank You for playing at Crafts & Me, hope to see you again x