Faith has announced that she will be no longer running the progressive freebie challenge at Delightful Inspirations. I was quite late to the party but have still had so many lovely images and I am really grateful for all the time and effort that Faith must have put into this challenge. I hadn’t quite finished my card using the last freebie so wasn’t able to enter it into the linky before it closed.
This is my finished card and I would like to dedicate it to Faith with gratitude for all the fabulous gifts she has given us.
I coloured the tree with Pro/Flexmarkers and decoupaged the stitched hearts to stick on with 3d foam. I added the little bunny rabbits under the tree which were a freebie from KL Dezign. The heart doily was from a big pack of 4 different sizes that I got from the Grand Designs show at the NEC last month. There was this fab stand with cupcake and baking bits and these just called out to me for cardmaking. I used some of those metallic waxes that you apply with a finger to highlight the roses and the Love sentiment which are embossed into the doily.
I bought some duster brushes for applying ink onto your cards as the lady demonstrating them made it look so easy. I have to say I am most impressed with how easy it was to distress the edges of my card with clumping it on too heavily like I did before. This is a combination of Tattered Rose and Tea Dye Tim Holtz pads. I was intending to leave it like that but after taking a photo decided it looked too unfinished so added two punched leaves and a flower in the top corner and a Martha Stewart heart lattice punch in the bottom corner using a scrap of pink card from my box.
Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Card Size – 6” square
Embellishments – Doily, mulberry flower
Tools – Martha Stewart Punch,leaf punch TH Distress pads,
Techniques – Distressing, punching
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-
- 2 Sisters Challenge #65 – Anything Goes
- Cardmadfairy’s Digi Days #20 – Texture
- Cheerful Stamp Pad #29 - Trees
- Craft Your Passion #83 – Anything Goes with some brown
- Cuttlebug Spot – Anything Goes
- Forever Friends Monthly – Use Something old (flower & bunny digi) & new (everything else)
- Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday – Embossing
- Fun With Shapes & More #96 – Make 3 (small heart used 3 times)
- Heartsong Inspirations #23 – Anything Goes
- Jules Crafty Snippets #44 – Heart punchie is a snippet J
- Lily Pad Cards - Texture
- My Partner in Crafting Crime #35 – Use a freebie (both digi images)
- Rainbow Lady #178 – Pink and/or green
- Squigglefly #123 – No patterned Paper
- Stampavie & More #155 – Anything Goes
- Totally Stampalicious – Anything Goes