There's a new challenge today at One Stitch At A Time and the theme is
Use a Digi
We have a fabulous prize this week of a £10 from OneStop Card Crafts
Please head on over to the newly re-vamped Stitchy Bear Store to check out all the lovely digis on offer from our great designers. Also, to keep ahead of all the latest news you can become a follower at the new
Stitchy is offering some great time sensitive offers so please make sure you are signed up to the newsletter to be the first to get the gossip! In the spotlight this week is our beloved leader Stitchy who is one of the original co-founders of the store and without whom all this would not be possible.
* * * * * * * * * * *
Onto my card…… this week I have used a fabulous digi from Hope Jacare called Racing 1. As pointed out by my hubby I don’t tend to make many male orientated cards so when I saw this image I knew it was calling out to me. Initially I had intended to make the card in a British Racing Green colour but I remembered some cardstock and diecuts that I had in a Kanban kit that was a gift a few years ago and opted for red instead.
The card was coloured with Promarkers and I added some silver gel pen for the tyre rims and some chrome accents. The chequerboard background is actually one side of a die cut card from the kit which I have placed onto a folded sheet of A4 cardstock for the card base. The tyre tread and sentiment are both from the Kanban kit.
All in all, a perfect card for the male of the species and I am sure I will be using this sporty little car again.
* * * * * * * * * * *
Please pop over to OSAAT to see the fab cards from my colleagues on the DT. I look forward to seeing your entries for this challenge
Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Card Size – A5
Paper, Sentiment & tyre tread – Kanban
Tools – scissors, 3d foam, Promarkers
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-
- Allsorts #128 – Anything But Square
- Card Makin’ Mamas #32 – Die Cuts (backing card, sentiment and tyre tread are all die cuts)
- Catch the Bug – Anything Goes
- CES #60 – Movie Theme (Cars)
- Craft Room Challenge – For A Man
- Creations by Gill M #18 - Transport
- Creative Inspirations Paint – Anything Goes
- Little Darlings #10 – Something that isn’t square
- Our Creative Corner – Masculine Card
- Paper Pretties Monday #13– Use a Sentiment
- Papertake Weekly #72 – Anything Goes
- Pollycraft #117 – Anything Goes
- Raise The Bar #82 – No Embellishments
- Stampavie & More #155 – Anything Goes
- Stamps R Us – Masculine