There's a new challenge today at One Stitch At A Time and the theme is
Our sponsor this week is Joanna Sheen and the prize is a £10 voucher for the store.
Please head on over to the Stitchy Bear Store to check out all the lovely digis on offer from our great designers. There are some freebies available and there is a selection of cut price Monthly Specials that change often, there really is so much to choose from thanks to our very talented designers.
Also, to keep ahead of all the latest news you can become a follower at the
Don’t forget that we have changed the prize structure. You must use a store image to win the main prizes and all other entries will be in a draw to win $3 to spend in the store
* * * * * * * * * * *
For this challenge I have used this sweet image from Stitchy Stamps called Flowers For Mom. I thought it would be the perfect image to make a birthday card for my Mother in Law.
I coloured the image with Promarkers and Flexmarkers. I really worked hard on my shading for the denim and am pleased with how it came out.
This card is a large 8” square so I used a sheet of thin A4 card for the mat, punching a heart border with one of my fave Martha Stewart punches. I then used some of the patchwork paper from the Boofle paper pack. I love how bright it is and the strong patterns work great on a larger card. The image has been matted onto scraps of black card and then more of the punched border red card. I added some small glittery butterfly stickers and hand wrote Mom on the tag on the image.
I went to town on the flowers layering lots of daisies and mulberry paper roses adding gems and a gold bead cap with some heart shaped gems and a cute little gem heart which is supposed to be a sticker for a mobile phone.
I couldn’t find a sentiment that I wanted to use in my collection so made my own. My hubby has always called his Mum ‘Mom’ and I wanted to make it more personal for her. I have attached the sentiments here in both spellings in JPG and PNG format. You are more than welcome to help yourself to them however it would be lovely if you do link back to me if you use them. Just Right Click to open and Save as on your computer.
Mom absolutely loved her birthday card and this is such a lovely image to work with. Most people who are are of my cards know I like using bold and bright colours so this was a fab challenge for me. I know a lot of people are not as comfortable working with brighter colours so I am looking forward to seeing what you all come up with.
* * * * * * * * * * *
Please pop over to OSAAT to see the fab cards from my colleagues on the DT. I look forward to seeing your entries for this challenge
Materials Used in this Project are as follows:-
Card Size – 8” Square
Paper – Boofle paper pack by Papermania, red and black card from stash
Embellishments – Assorted paper flowers, gems from paperchase, gold bead cap, heart gems, heart shaped stick on phone accessory, butterfly glittery sticker
Tools – Promarkers & Flexmarkers, Martha Stewart punch
Sentiment – Made By Mandy J Free Download on this post.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-
- 2 Sisters Challenge #87 – Flowers in Image
- ATC’s & Cards With Attitude #11 – Anything Goes/Faces
- Aud’s Sentiments #52 – Spring/Summer Colours
- Bizzy Becs – Texture
- Card Makin’ Mamas – Make it Girlie
- Cards & Scrap #30 – Use Flowers
- CCEE Stampers #1215 – 3 Embellishments (gems, flowers, bead cap)
- Craft Us Crazy #25 – Mother’s Day and/or Flowers
- Creatalicious #33 – Butterflies & Flowers
- Delicious Doodles #17 – Loads of Layers
- Delightful Challenges – Real or Fake Stitches
- Digital Tuesday #155 – Birthdays
- Do You Stack Up #67 – Glitter/Bling
- Fairy Fun Fridays #76 – Anything Goes
- Go Fish #15– Anything Goes
- House of Gilli #31 – Flowers
- Inspire Me Fridays #54 – Link Up Party
- Jackson’s Digital Expressions – Anything Goes
- Lily Pad Cards – Simon Says Stamp Flowers
- Love To Create #10 – Birthdays
- Paperminutes #212 – Spring Flowers
- Paper Makeup Stamps #31 – Bright Colours
- Paper Pretties PPMC34 – Lots of Layers
- Pink Elephant #143 – Flowers
- Sassy Cheryl’s #110 – Anything Goes
- Stamp n Doodle – Bold & Bright Colours
- Stamptacular Sunday #159 – Anything Goes
- Totally Gorjuss #127 - Bling
- Use It Tuesday #29 – Anything Goes (lilac diamante heart shape 5+ yrs old)
- Wags n Whiskers #77 – Anything Goes