There's a new challenge today at One Stitch At A Time and this time it is a bit more challenging
All White or No Designer Paper
Our sponsor this week is Stitchy Bear Stamps and there is a fabulous prize $9 to spend in the store for the lucky winner who uses a Store image
Please head on over to the Stitchy Bear Store to check out all the lovely digis on offer from our great designers. There are some freebies available and there is a selection of cut price Monthly Specials that change often, there really is so much to choose from thanks to our very talented designers.
Stitchy Bear Digital Stamps store was 3 on 15th March.
To celebrate Stitchy is giving a massive discount of
off ALL PRODUCTS!!
from 15th to 22nd March
This would be the ideal time for you to gather together a wishlist of the fabulous images and papers you have wanted and to make a purchase with a
Also, to keep ahead of all the latest news you can become a follower at the
You must use a store image to win the main prizes and all other entries will be in a draw to win $3 to spend in the store
* * * * * * * * * * *
I have only ever made one all white card before and really was not happy with my results so I challenged myself to make an all white card AND not use any pretty papers!!
I chose this cute image Licky Tiggy Tiger by Barbara Jensen. I know white tigers are rare but they do exist and I knew that I could add the black colour to the stripes and the palest pink to the fleshy parts like nose, pads on the paws and ears. I added some glossy accents to the nose and paws and cut the image out suing a Nestabilities die.
The main backing paper is a Boofles embossing folder on it’s first outing since I bought it months and months ago. It is like a patchwork effect so has quite a few different textures on it. I also used a second layer with a cuttlebug folder which has a bark effect, I thought it would emulate the stripes on the tiger. I used scissors to distress and roughen up the edges and attached a lacy edged ribbon to it following a sketch from A Die For A Sketch.
Finally I used a sentiment which was a freebie from TLC Creations and die cut it with a Nestabilities die. Both the image and sentiment have been mounted on 3D foam and this whole card is full of texture.
* * * * * * * * * * *
Please pop over to OSAAT to see the fab cards from my colleagues on the DT. I look forward to seeing your entries for this challenge
Materials Used in this Project are as follows:-
Card size – 6” Square
Sentiment – TLC Creations
Tools – Letraset Promarkers & Flexmarkers, Nestabilities dies, embossing folders by
Papermania & Cuttlebug
Embellishments – lacy trim ribbon, Glossy Accents
Techniques – Diecutting, Embossing, Distressing
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-
- 365 Cards - Day 71 Textured Base
- 613 Avenue Create – Anything Goes
- A Blog Named Hero - #22 Free Style
- A Die For A Sketch - #10 Sketch for layout plus one Die
- Anything Goes - #88 Seeing Double (2 dies, 2 embossing folders)
- CDAC Anything Goes – Any Handmade Craft
- Challenges 4 Everybody – #16 Anything Goes
- Crafts and Me - #124 Ribbons & Lace
- Deep Ocean Challenge - #47 Cute & Cuddly
- Desert Island Crafters – #50 6, 8, 10,
- Go Fish - #37 Ribbon
- Inklings & Yarns - #7 Anything Goes
- Mayzyart Challenge – #13 Anything goes twist Animal print
- Natalie & Amy’s Challenge - #7 Use a Die Cut
- One Stop Crafts - #220 Anything Goes
- Outlawz Saturday Paper A La Mode – PAM03162013 Anything Goes
- Papertake Weekly – 123, 1 ribbon, 2 dies, 3 colours (white, pink, black)
- Penny’s Challenge - #118 Ribbons & Diecut
- Sentimental Sundays - #146 Anything Goes
- Through The Craftroom Door - Anything Goes
- Tuesday Alchemy - #52 Anything Goes
- Use It Tuesday - #52 Diecuts (Base embossing folder had for about 9 months and 1st time I have used it)
- Word Art Wednesday - #71 Anything Goes