My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Thursday 30 January 2014

Kitten & Heart


I absolutely love Faith Skrdla’s images and try whenever possible to take part in the Progressive Freebie challenge over at From The Heart Stamps. This month we all get the chance to take part as this cute Kitten and Heart image take from the Caught Your Heart set is a freebie at the moment. Thank you Faith J

I had coloured the image a couple of weeks ago and just got round to making the card yesterday. This gave me the opportunity to check out the latest sketch at I {heart} card sketches, something I haven’t taken part in for some time due to my loss of mojo and getting my health back on track. It was nice to have a day when I made 5 cards and actually enjoyed what I used to love with a passion.

I had already die cut the image and the sketch had a circle on it but I think I managed to incorporate the sketch in my layout pretty successfully.

The front of the card is covered with the heart patterned card which has been recycled from a Papermania embossing folder packaging. I loved that it has a small repeated design with subtle colours. The papers for the banner have been rescued from my overflowing scraps box. The sentiment panel is from Craftwork Cards mounted onto some of the red paper and finally the heart is a wooden heart that has been in my stash since I started making cards 12 years ago!

I am looking forward to taking part in the February challenge and I hope not to leave it quite so late in the month to make my card.

Materials Used in this Project are as follows:-
Card size – 6” Square
Paper – Recycled packaging and scraps from box
Sentiment – Craftwork Cards
Tools – Nestabilities Romantic Rectangles die
Embellishments – Wooden Heart
Techniques – Diecutting, Recycling


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-

36 comments:

Scrapcat 1 said...

Very pretty Mandy love the papers you have used, I am trying to use my scraps as well this year :)

Unknown said...

Adorable card...congrats on doing 5 cards in a day and having fun!

Sternenglanz said...

ein süßes Kärtchen.

Danke für Deinen Beitrag zur SsC

liebe Grüße
Sternenglanz

Imke said...

Mand, this is very pretty ! I like your layout and all the pink /red colors.

Thanks for joining our SOTM Challenge @ {From the Heart Stamps}

Kuni said...

Your card is gorgeous, i love the very sweet image.
Thanks for joining us at the Animal Friends challenge
Hugs
Kuni

d said...

Fab card hun! I love the cat digi stamp and went and got it on your reccommedation. Best of Luck in your challenges! Hugs, Dorothy

Dreja said...

Eine tolle Karte. Danke daß du bei der SsC und den AF mitmachst.
LG Dreja

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a cute, fun card Mandy!! I love the dp and design!Thanks for joining us for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!
Blessings,
Chris

Unknown said...

another beautiful card Mandy! your mojo is definitely back! I love how you've used packaging from embossing folder as your paper! and it is so beautiful! and that you are using your scrap papers! I feel really guilty every time I look at my scraps! I also try to used them whenever I can! thank you so much for joining us again in our Lovey Dovey challenge at Sentimental Sundays !
Mirella DK
DT Sentimental Sundays (Cute and Crafty Cards by Mirella)

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Your card is so adorable I love it. Thanks for joining us this week at Created with love challenges.
Linda K. DT.
www.ladybustampers.blogspot.com

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Mandy, what an absolutely darling card! I just love this little love kitty! And it's perfect for this week's "red, pink, and white" challenge! So glad you've joined us this week (from across "the pond") for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge! Warm hugs!!

P. S. I LOVE sunflowers myself. I've have to check that out! LOL!

Michelle Pearson said...

Nice and clean and oh, so pretty! Thanks for playing the From The Heart Stamps Challenge! :)

CraftingMum said...

Love your catrd, thanks for sharing it with us at Artistic Inspirations.
Louise x

CraftingMum said...

Love your catrd, thanks for sharing it with us at Artistic Inspirations.
Louise x

Linda Carson said...

Absolutely adorable! Cute image and cute design! Thanks for joining us this week at ODBD!

Crafty Judith said...

Fabulous hun love it - ty for playing along at Fan-Tastic Tuesday - have a great day xxx

Rachael said...

What a lovely card and image. thank you for sharing this with us at Sentimental Sundays! Rachael x

Alshandra said...

Lovely card. Cute image and great way to use scraps and a heart from 12 years ago! Wow! :-) Thanks for joining us this week at ODBD Shining the Light challenge. Elizabeth

Ros Crawford said...

Such a pretty card ... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

Unknown said...

Adorable Design, thank you so much for joining us over at Fan-Tastic Tuesday, we would love you to come and join us again next week for another fun challenge....
Hugs
Suzy B ~ Owner ~ Fan-Tastic Tuesaday
XX

Janice said...

A very sweet image and a gorgeous card. Fab entry at an OBAG, Jx

verybellemakes said...

Hi Mandy, great card, love the way you've interpreted the sketch and the papers are lovely - even nicer because they were upcycled! Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays, look forward to seeing you again soon.

Victoria DT

Holly Young said...

Mandy this is really cute. I love the way you colored the cat. I really like your flagged pieces too. Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

Zella said...

So cute!! Perfect flags! Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Eureka Stamps this week.
Blessings,
Zella

Unknown said...

Sweet card! I love cats. Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

Chrissy said...

Cute little kitty cat Mandy..love the card design too..

Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Billie A said...

Great card and the kittie is so cute. I saw your card on MIM.

coops said...

So gorgeous Mandy.I love your fab design and colours and the kitty is really sweet.
Thanks for joining in my theme this week at PFP :D

xx coops xx

Kim Butterworth said...

So cute. Love your colours. Thanks for sharing the love with us at Perfectly Rustics.

Anonymous said...

Cute card!! Thanks so much for playing along this week at CCCB :-)

Lori Turner said...

Super cute kitty image and I love your flags ;) Thanks for joining us at The Pink Elephant this week!

Raquel said...

How cute! So clean and crisp. Great Valentine's card

Thanks for sharing with My Sheri Crafts

rockpapercricut said...

Such a sweet card! I love the darling kitten, and the banners. Great job! Thanks for joining in on the *polka dots* challenge at My Craft Spot. :)

Ally

Houses Built of Cards said...

So sweet! Love that sweet kitty image! Thanks so much for joining us at My Craft Spot!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Bonnie Irvine said...

The bright layered fishtail flags next to the pale pink background really pop and draw attention to this sweet image. Love the pretty die cut frame around the kitty. It's subtle but adds lovely detail. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes/I see Fluffy challenge this fortnight at Craftitude Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.

Eager Beaver said...

Such a cute kitten, love your banners. Thank you for joining us at Perfectly Rustics. Jayne