My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Sunday 12 January 2014

Stampin' Up Workshop Traditional



This is the final card I made at the Stampin’ Up workshop.

I stamped the sentiment using a mixture of red and green ink to tie in with the paper. I cut it out using the framelits die and then hand cut a red mount for it as it need the contrast from the paper.

The base card is white with a layer of red mount and then the DP. I sandwiched the ribbon between.

I do like the sentiment and I think it has made a very simple yet graphically strong card. I also have to admit that although the stamps are a lot of money the impression you get from them is very crisp and clear, especially important when you have a large sentiment like this. I guess in that respect I have to bow down to Stampin’ Up…. The good thing about going to the workshops is I get to play with the goodies without having to buy. I get a great bag of goodies to play with and am meeting new people and seeing one of my bestest friends.

It is also dangerous as I see so many things I really want so I am planning to limit myself to tools and accessories to enhance the crafty supplies I already have. This will I hope give me a renewed enthusiasm to get back into my crafty room J


Materials Used in this Project are as follows:-

Card size – A6
Paper - Season of Style by Stampin’ Up
Sentiment – Merry Little Christmas stamp by Stampin’ Up
Tools – Label collection Framelits dies by Stampin Up
Embellishments – Stampin’ Up ribbon
Techniques – Rubber stamping, diecutting

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical

Order):-



25 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Such an elegant Christmas design.
Hugs DesĂ­re {Doing Life}

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing this lovely card for Cheerful Stamp Pad challenge 77: use some ribbon - Hazel, DT - hope to see you again soon - and thanks for linking for my CHNC challenge extra for January x

Hazel said...

Thanks also for sharing your beautiful card for CCAYR January anything goes challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, CCAYR design team x

Dee's Craft Room said...

Fab card, lovely design. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Krisha said...

Love the richness of your card colors, and the chevron background.
Thanks for playing along with The Cheerful Stamp Pad.

Marcy said...

Beautiful Christmas card! Pretty colors and design. Thanks so much for joining our challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps! :)

LARELLE-SUSANNE said...

loved this super cute, Thanks so much for joining the Anything Goes Challenge at Loves Rubber Stamps, I hope to see more of your amazingly wonder projects in future events and challenges. Hugs Larelle-Susanne DT

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh that is so pretty, love the colors and the great design. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Indah Permata Sari said...

Wow, this is such a pretty card! That sparkly ribbon is such a nice touch! Thanks for joining Loves Rubberstamps Challenge :)

Lydia said...

such a fabulous card xx thanks for joining us at Love Rubberstamps xx

Scrapcat 1 said...

This is a fab card and could be replicated quickly I would think, glad your are getting back into crafting, good luck on not buying extras :)

meine-bastelarena said...

Another great entry. Love how elegant your card is. Thanks for playing along with us at C.R.A.F.T. Challenges. Have a wonderful day and good luck! Hugs, Sujin

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super, what a great card, Oh I have SU envy, would love to go to a workshop!!! Thank You for playing along with us this fortnight on Crafty Girls, Hazel xx

verybellemakes said...

I really love this style of card, where the sentiment is the main focus, and you've added such great papers to complement it! Thanks for joining the Crafty Girls challenge, hope to see you again soon.

Victoria DT

Sarah said...

Gorgeous festive card Mandy. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week for our Ribbon challenge x

Aunty Sue said...

another great christmas card and thanks for sharing with us at CRAFT

Unknown said...

Great card - love its layout!

Thanks for joining Scrappy Hands challenge :-)

זהבית שקד said...

Beautiful card!!

Thanks for joining Scrappy Hands!

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

This card is clean and simple and very eye appealing. Thanksfor playing at Love to Scrap!!!

Angeline Choo said...

Great CAS card for Christmas ! :)

Thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card challenge this week

-Angeline DT

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for January and CHNC challenge extra with your lovely card - hope to see you again soon. x

Helen said...

Wonderful card!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Sue said...

A wonderful card. Thanks for joining us this month at One Crazy Stamper.

Cindy Groh said...

Love this paper so much, I purchased it myself. Your card is perfect to duplicate getting your 2014 cards done in a few seatings. That would be something to try if you are strapped for time next season. Either way your card is awesome and we appreciate you linking up at CCAYR.

ציקוש said...

Wonderful card!
Love the special design of your card
Thank you participated in our challenge Scrappy hands