My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Sunday 26 January 2014

OSAAT #197 White Plus 1 Colour


There's a new challenge today at One Stitch At A Time 

“WHITE PLUS ONE COLOUR”


Our sponsor this week is CREATIVE CRAFT WORLD and there is a fabulous prize of 3 Promarkers of their choice for the lucky winner who uses a Stitchy Bears Store image.

Please head on over to the  Stitchy Bear’s Digi Outlet to check out all the lovely digis on offer from our great designers. There are some freebies available and there is a selection of cut price Monthly Specials that change often, there really is so much to choose from thanks to our very talented designers.


You must use a store image to win the main prizes and all other entries will be in a draw to win $3 to spend in the store

* * * * * * * * * * *

  & 

Hello everybody peeps! This is my first DT card for OSAAT since August as I have been taking a break. My crafty mojo is staring to return slowly but surely and I need to say a big thanks to out leader Choccy at OSAAT for coaxing it out of me one way or another J

I was assigned to a Stitchy Stamps image and I chose The Key. I had originally intended to use this image in September and it was going to be my wedding anniversary card to my husband. I’d always had the notion of using a ‘You hold the key to my heart’ phrase with it and when Jane from Coosty Creations unveiled a new kit she had just put into the store called Key To My Heart I just knew I had to use it on this card. I feel the resulting card is so much better than it would have been because of marrying the two together and I am really happy with the results.

The image was printed and coloured using Promarkers and Flexmarkers in shades of red with flesh and hair being the only other colours. I have used black for the stocking tops and shoes and then fussy cut the image being very careful not to accidentally cut off a finger!

The Key To My Heart pack comes with the padlock and key digistamp and 4 papers. The background paper is one of them, I liked how it has a marbled effect which creates natural shaping. I played around with this in my digital programme to get the right area of the paper to for the layout of my card. I then overlaid the heart image and made it a large size to suit the digi I had cut out. The card is 8” square so it needed to be a pretty big size to work with the placement of the image.

The sentiment is a quote from Oliver Wendall Holmes which is repeated in one of the papers. I simply selected one of the sections and printed out onto card leaving a thick white border for contrast. It says :-

“Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness. Please accept this gift the key to my heart to signify my love for you and the happiness that we both share”

Fabulous words I am sure we can all agree. I have to say having now researched some other quotes by the same author he had some very wise words to say indeed.

The card blank has the paper adhered to it. I then added the quote mounted on 3d foam and positioned the lady again on 3d foam. I added a punched lattice heart which I have sewn a red border in the holes using 4 strands of embroidery thread. I was going to consider that finished when I by complete chance came across a broken earring that I had purchased from Claire’s Accessories for 10p a very long time ago. It had a really big heart shape and this diamante encrusted key dangling from it on a chain. One side was broken off the chain thus providing me with the most fabulous finishing touch on this very special card.

* * * * * * * * * * *

 Please pop over to OSAAT to see the fab cards from my colleagues on the DT. I look forward to seeing your entries for this challenge


Materials Used in this Project are as follows:-
Card size – 8” Square
Digital Image – The Key from Stitchy Stamps
Digi Paper & Heart Image – Key To My Heart from Coosty Creations
Sentiment – From the Key To My Heart Pack
Tools – Martha Stewart Heart Lattice Punch, Promarkers & Flexmarkers, 3d foam,
Embellishments – diamante key, embroidery floss
Techniques – Digistamping, punching, recycling, stitching

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-




36 comments:

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

OMG Mandy...this card is just gorgeous. I love the rich red...it's just so stunning. Your colouring and deign are amazing. Love it.

Lynn, your OSAAT DT Sister

CraftyGirl said...

Wonderful job Mandy on your sassy card. Love the heart and key! Sorry I have not commented on your blog lately, been out of my mind busy. Have a great day!!

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
Your Sister OSAAT DT
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card mandy. Love the key it is so special, you must give this card to a special someone
Hugs katie your osaat sister x

Mimi said...

I have been longing to comment on this card since you first gave me a sneak preview . What an awesome job Mandy, so carefully thought out and beautifully constructed. One can feel the love you have for your lucky hubby from here, he is going to be bowled over when he receives it Big hugs Jane xxxxx

Hazel said...

A perfect card for Valentine Day. Romantic and sassy! Hazel x

Janice said...

Gorgeous card, love all the red and that little lady. Perfect recycling too. Thanks for playing at an OBAG, Jx

Sid said...

Loving your hearty design !!

Mema's Crafts said...

What a wonderful and sassy card. Thanks for playing with us at Memas crafts.

Mema's Crafts said...

What a wonderful and sassy card. Thanks for playing with us at Memas crafts.

Joey said...

Fab card so striking, thanks for joining us at TPS. Joey x

Unknown said...

Great card!Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my this is adorable!! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at CCCB this week!

Gail said...

Fabulous card. I love this image and your coloring is amazing. I'm so impressed with this card because of the heart and key printed on the red paper. It's the perfect use for this image and then to put this beautiful verse on the bottom outlined in white is great. The scallop edge of this card adds to it tremendously, taking a regular square card and dressing itup. Beautiful card. Your hubby is going to love it. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter challenge! Hugs, Gail

Gail said...

Fabulous card. I love this image and your coloring is amazing. I'm so impressed with this card because of the heart and key printed on the red paper. It's the perfect use for this image and then to put this beautiful verse on the bottom outlined in white is great. The scallop edge of this card adds to it tremendously, taking a regular square card and dressing itup. Beautiful card. Your hubby is going to love it. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter challenge! Hugs, Gail

PennyRae's Mandala Creation's said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at My Heart Pieces. PennyRae DT

Kandy's Krafts said...

Beautiful card with a lovely image and I do like your layout. Thanks for joining us at My Craft Creations.

Debbie Adams said...

Wow! What a stunning card you did with this image. I like how you added both of the images into one card. You did a fab job in creating this card. :D
Your OSAAT DT Sis
Deborah

Anonymous said...

Adorable card Mandy! Thank you for sharing your creation and joining in with the fun at City Crafter Challenge Blog this week.

Angie said...

Awesome card love the image!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls Challenges! Angie-DT

http://angiescraftblog.blogspot.com/
http://angiesdigistamps.blogspot.com/

AppleApricot Wen said...

Wonderful! You really need a key for this heart :-) Beautifully done. Thank you for joining us at City Crafter.

Sammy said...

This is a fab card! Thank you for playing along at Milk Coffee this challenge. Sammy-x

simply monica said...

Love the red design this is stunning. Thanks for joining us at Treasured Times Rubber Stamps be sure to check back next week. There is some extra goodies for one lucky winner!!

Tamie said...

Wicked layout! I love the keys and the sexy image! Thank you so much for sharing you creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks. Have a great day!

Tamie DT

NickScrapShack said...

This looks fabulous! Love the swirly chain and the scalloped edges.

Thank you for playing with us at Crafty Catz this week. Good luck!
Nick

Chris Hanselman said...

Great card. Love the image. Thanks for joining our You Have My Heart Challenge at Delightful Challenges.

~~Chris
Design Team
Delightful Challenge

Tina Campbell said...

Stunning card looks great in the red :) Thanks for playing along with us at CADB

Shari said...

Your creative mojo is definetly back and in full force - fantastic card!!! Thanks for playing with us at One Crazy Stamper.

Angeline Choo said...

What a sassy card!!

Thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card challenge this week

-Angeline DT

Inkypinkycraft said...

really rich colours x Thanks for joining us at CountryViewCrafts challenge this month, hope to see you again x Trace x

Unknown said...

beautiful card Mandy! love the bright red with a hint of white... and the sassy image goes so well with the key, chain and keyhole.... the verse you've used as a sentiment is beautiful... thank you for joining our Lovey Dovey challenge at Sentimental Sundays !
Mirella DK
DT Sentimental Sundays (Cute and Crafty Cards by Mirella)

KT Fit Kitty said...

What a gorgeous card! Your colouring is beautiful! Love all the details! And it's nice to see someone else besides me entering a long list of challenges LOL - best of luck to you in all of them! Thank you for joining us at Glitter n Sparkle for our Bling it Up challenge.

KT Fit Kitty
Glitter n Sparkle DT

Crafting Vicky said...

ohhh va va voom that is sure to warm up somebody :) Totally love how you have done her up!!! Great card.

Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky

Vic said...

Greta card - that diamante key is gorgeous!Thanks for sharing with us at Glitter n Sparkle - Vic, DT xx

Keti's Projects said...

What a sexi card.
Thanks for playing with us at Izazovi i sladkiši this week.

Hugs, Keti (DT)

Margaret said...

Glad to have you back creating again Mandy. Love your card layout and all the textures you added. Maggie - OSAAT Teamie

Sindhu said...

Lovely card!
Thanks for playing with us at Sentimental Sundays!