There's a new challenge today at One Stitch At A Time
“WHITE PLUS ONE COLOUR”
Our sponsor this week is CREATIVE CRAFT WORLD and there is a fabulous prize of 3 Promarkers of their choice for the lucky winner who uses a Stitchy Bears Store image.
Please head on over to the Stitchy Bear’s Digi Outlet to check out all the lovely digis on offer from our great designers. There are some freebies available and there is a selection of cut price Monthly Specials that change often, there really is so much to choose from thanks to our very talented designers.
You must use a store image to win the main prizes and all other entries will be in a draw to win $3 to spend in the store
* * * * * * * * * * *
Hello everybody peeps! This is my first DT card for OSAAT since August as I have been taking a break. My crafty mojo is staring to return slowly but surely and I need to say a big thanks to out leader Choccy at OSAAT for coaxing it out of me one way or another J
I was assigned to a Stitchy Stamps image and I chose The Key. I had originally intended to use this image in September and it was going to be my wedding anniversary card to my husband. I’d always had the notion of using a ‘You hold the key to my heart’ phrase with it and when Jane from Coosty Creations unveiled a new kit she had just put into the store called Key To My Heart I just knew I had to use it on this card. I feel the resulting card is so much better than it would have been because of marrying the two together and I am really happy with the results.
The image was printed and coloured using Promarkers and Flexmarkers in shades of red with flesh and hair being the only other colours. I have used black for the stocking tops and shoes and then fussy cut the image being very careful not to accidentally cut off a finger!
The Key To My Heart pack comes with the padlock and key digistamp and 4 papers. The background paper is one of them, I liked how it has a marbled effect which creates natural shaping. I played around with this in my digital programme to get the right area of the paper to for the layout of my card. I then overlaid the heart image and made it a large size to suit the digi I had cut out. The card is 8” square so it needed to be a pretty big size to work with the placement of the image.
The sentiment is a quote from Oliver Wendall Holmes which is repeated in one of the papers. I simply selected one of the sections and printed out onto card leaving a thick white border for contrast. It says :-
“Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness. Please accept this gift the key to my heart to signify my love for you and the happiness that we both share”
Fabulous words I am sure we can all agree. I have to say having now researched some other quotes by the same author he had some very wise words to say indeed.
The card blank has the paper adhered to it. I then added the quote mounted on 3d foam and positioned the lady again on 3d foam. I added a punched lattice heart which I have sewn a red border in the holes using 4 strands of embroidery thread. I was going to consider that finished when I by complete chance came across a broken earring that I had purchased from Claire’s Accessories for 10p a very long time ago. It had a really big heart shape and this diamante encrusted key dangling from it on a chain. One side was broken off the chain thus providing me with the most fabulous finishing touch on this very special card.
* * * * * * * * * * *
Please pop over to OSAAT to see the fab cards from my colleagues on the DT. I look forward to seeing your entries for this challenge
Materials Used in this Project are as follows:-
Card size – 8” Square
Sentiment – From the Key To My Heart Pack
Tools – Martha Stewart Heart Lattice Punch, Promarkers & Flexmarkers, 3d foam,
Embellishments – diamante key, embroidery floss
Techniques – Digistamping, punching, recycling, stitching
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-
- 4 Crafty Chicks - #178 Bling
- Add A Little Dazzle - #9 Add some Red
- Card A Day – January Valentine
- Challenges and Candies - #26 Monochrome
- City Crafter - #195 The Key to My Heart
- Country View Challenges - Monochromatic
- Crafty Catz - #215 Monochrome
- Crafty Girls Challenge - #10 Anything Goes
- Delightful Challenges – You Have My Heart
- Digitally Sweet - #72 Anything Goes
- Diva’s By Design – Anything Goes
- Glitter & Sparkle - #69 Bling It Up
- Just Because Linky Party – Anything Goes
- Mema’s Crafts – Bingo (digi stamp, punch, free, bling)
- Milk Coffee Challenge – Monochrome
- My Craft Creations – Anything Goes
- My Heart Pieces – Love is Life
- My Time To Craft - #232 Use 2 Images
- Oldie But Goodie – Recycle key from broken earring (key has been in my stash for 4+ years)
- One Crazy Stamper – Anything Goes
- Oozak Challenge - #15 Anything Goes/Love
- Open-Minded Crafting - # Warmth (food or clothing)
- Paper Creators Crafts - #19 Anything Goes
- Paper Pretties
- Paper Shelter
- Pumpkin Spice - #56 Use Something Shiny
- Sentimental Sundays - #191 Lovey Dovey
- Simply Create Too - #53 Use Hearts
- Sister Act Card Challenges - #41 Anything Goes
- Through The Craftroom Door - Anything Goes
- Treasured Times - #10 Anything Goes