My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Thursday 27 December 2007

Di Hickman Sketch December #3 - 2 cards

This is the card I made for my hubby using this sketch from Di Hickman and some Blonde Moments patterned paper I won in a little competition (Thank you Valerie)

The stamped image is a Penny Black one. I bought some images from an Ebay seller and this was one of the designs. I WAS SUPPOSED to be using this and other designs to make special Christmas cards to sell at work but I became so busy with commissions that my time was spent elsewhere. Oh well, at least I will be prepared for next year (yeah right!)

The stamped image was coloured using Marvy le plume pens, Sakura glitter pens and the 'snow' on the umbrella was applique paint (not puffed up) sprinkled with Glamour dust whilst still wet. It looks raised and shiny in real life but the scan doesn't pick it up at all.

The sentiment is from a recycled Christmas card.

My hubby loved it :)

This card was also based on the sketch and was made for our good friends and next door neighbour. The patterned paper is DCWV, a Cuttlebug embossing folder was layered up and the snowman highlighted with a second layer. I also used a clear Sakura glitter pen to highlight some of the words and snowflakes but this is too subtle to show on the scan. The snowflake is a Sizzlits die embellished with a bit of bling and the sentiment is a Freebie Digital Download that I printed out on photo paper some time ago and now cannot find on my computer.

If I am printing photos I like to fill the rest of an A4 sheet up with other things to print so I don't waste paper and have some things to hand that I like. I find if I only use the photo at the time the rest of the paper gets dog eared and wasted anyway so it's a bit of a bonus to do what I do.

1 comment:

Spot-On said...

Great cards! Love the top one! And I do the same when printing photo's! Even if I just end up getting a wallet size 'something' on the page, just to use that space! Great cards, TFS!