My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Saturday 22 December 2007

Ian's Leaving Scrapbook

A good friend at work is leaving to move up to Lancaster and I was asked to make a special leaving card for him. As he was Paul's immediate boss we know him quite well and he will be sorely missed. He has so much knowledge in his particular area of expertise I think they will struggle without him.

I decided to make a mini scrapbook, all of the pages are in the slideshow below.

He is passionate about a few things (Preston North End football team, Single Malt whisky and walking & cycling in the Lake District) so I encorporated them into the book which was assembled mainly by using images from the tinterweb printed on photo paper.

I have used backing papers from various sources and die cut lettering from Cuttlebug and Sizzlits, some Sizzlits diecuts a few stickers. There were a few pages at the back left for people to write on and I wrote a poem especially for him. I made a box for it to presented in but forgot to take a photo !

They gave it to him yesterday and he was overcome with emotion. He said he knew it must have taken a long time to do and really appreciated it.

1 comment:

Pootle said...

Mandy that is lovely! No wonder he was overcome.