My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Thursday 13 December 2007

Merry Christmas H

I was commissioned by a work colleague Andy to make this card for his girlfriend.

The brief was pink, girly and fluffy. The first thing I thought of was this Penny Black image as having met H she is so thin and petite and I thought this was perfect. Not owning the stamp I went shopping on Ebay and got some stamped images. Unfortunately they got lost in the post during the post strikes so the nice lady sent them again.

I coloured in the design using a glitter pen for the outfit and Marvy le Plume pens for the hair and skin. The white areas were filled using the applique paint that you fluff up with a heat gun sprinkled with Glamour Dust fine glitter. The stamped image was matted on black and then pink glitter card. This panel is raised from the card using 3d foam.

The H started out life as a plain beige chipboard piece from Poundland (an absolutely fantastic buy I have mentioned previously, I only wish I had been able to get more than 1 alphabet pack) I coloured this with pink permanent pen, 2 layers of Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel and sprinkled with Glamour Dust.

The patterned paper is a wrapping paper from Paperchase. The black patterned is a flocked design so it is very tactile. The fluffy border is a previous purchase of an item sold as Christmas Ribbon a couple of years ago. All I know is it was a bugger to stick down ! The sentiment is a Papermania peel off. It's really nice to be able to get decent sized card sentiments these days.

The inside of the card is personalised with a photo and a special message. Andy absoloutely loved the card. He is giving it to H tonight so I will get the verdict in the morning.

No comments: