It's another homespun Christmas pressie project from me with this beautiful fabric covered box that I made with a cross stitch panel. I have to admit I have had this kit for far more years than I should have and had done the cross stitch but never actually made the box and mounted it. There is so much detail in the cross stitch and you mount it onto wadding and add the braid around it, it is very tactile and shows all your hard work off to good effect.
Inside the box I have added green tissue paper and some pretty jewellery as a gift for my friend who I know will appreciate the work that has gone into it.
It has been nice to make gifts for people and is something I would like to continue doing during 2011.
I would like to enter this into the following Challenges :-
- Creative card Crew - Anything Goes
- Bizzy Becs Store - Christmas
- Everybody Arty #121 - Handmade Present
- Paperplay #50 - Anything But A Card
- Rainbow Lady #131 - Vintage
- Crafty Catz #63 - Your Choice
- Allsorts #83 - Anything Goes
- Creative Inspirations #49 - Anything Goes Christmas
- Wee Memories #36 - Colours of the Season
- Aly's Sunday Sketch #31 - Anything Goes
- Crafty Pad Challenge #102 - Anything Goes
- Creative Cowgirls #3 - Christmas/Winter
- Cupcake Inspiration #90 - Santa Cake
- Just Cute Bears & Friends #41 - Anything but a card
- One Stitch At a Time #43 - Anything Goes
- Pile it On #48 - Gift Box
- Alphabet Challenge - H is for Hats
- Winter Wonderland - Wrap It Up