This is the card I have made using the current freebie at Leigh's challenge blog Happileigh Scrappin' challenge. I have used layout #43 from Sunday Sketch & Stamp and have rotated it to fit the digi image better.
I printed it out twice and decoupaged the flower head and leaves and the cutie litle ladybird. It was by far the tiniest thing I have cut out and layered but so blooming cute. I added some crystal effects to make it raised and shiny. The butterfly was raised using 3dfoam in the centre only and the wings were bent up to make it look like it was flying. I have added stickles to the wings and body, you've got to have a bit of bling don't you :)
The papers used are from Bloom & Grow by My Minds Eye. As soon as I saw this image I immediately saw a sunflower in oranges and yellows and knew this paper would be perfect for it. I did a pool of crystal effects in the centre of the flower and added brown and gold beads. I was going to use my Accent Beads but do you think I could find them anywhere? I think they are in a tin at the back of a cupboard but I would have had to have a major move in my tiny little craft room so used what I had to hand instead. Never the less I am very pleased with it, it is so tactile.
Also please note my shading on the flower, It is so much better now I have been practicing. The colour changes are a lot more subtle and I now look like I am doing grown up colouring. The leaves are on thinner 3d pads so there is a lot of different levels in this card.
The ribbons are by Docrafts/Papermania and the flower & and accents are from a MME calendar that came as a magazine freebie recently and has lots of useable bits in as well as being a quite beautiful to look at calendar :) I have also added a but more twinkle for good measure
It made a nice break from making Christmas Cards. I promise I am going to endeavour to make them during the course of the year next year and not right at the last minute like usual.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges :-
- Happileigh Scrappin Challenge #2 - Digi Stamp
- Sunday Sketch & Stamp #43 - Layout
- Bunny Zoes #7 - Sparkle & Shine
- Studio 313 #4 - Sparkle & Bling
- Karbers Challenge #18 - Anything goes with a Digi
- Stampfairy Challange #1 - Glitter or stickles
- There She Goes #85 - Old stash (ribbons & beads)
- Anything Goes #28 - Rainbow colours (used red, orange, yellow, green, violet)
- Creative Card Crew - Anything Goes
- Flutterby Wednesday #135 - Anything goes
- Gingersnap Creations #82 - Glitter
- AI Factory #60 - Anything Goes
- Stamping With The Dragon #16 - Make it Sparkle
- Sugar Sweet Paper Treats - Anything Goes
- Digis With Attitude #10 - Anything Goes
- Lots to do Challenge - Glitz
- One Stitch at a Time #43 - Anything Goes
- Order of the Opus Gluei #83 - Anything Goes