Now for something completely different (for me anyway)!!
I was out shopping last week and came across some battery operated candles. My Mother In Law would never have a lit candle but I thought she would like one of these because they are completely safe and she adores the Forever Friends bears. It has a little flashing LED and it flickers like a real candle. I have taken a picture both lit and unlit so you can see how different it looks with the soft glow. I think it is amazing as it feels like it has a thin wax coating and smells like vanilla too.
I cut a piece of card with the lacy heart Martha Stewart border punch and stuck it on with some extra strong tape. The organza ribbon is green with slight gold trim. I only had a tiny bit left so use it to make a mock bow and added a red satin one for the tails. I took the legs off the Dovecraft brad and stuck it on with a large glue dot.
The Forever Friends image is a clear sticker. I had intended to use a textures embossed transfer but it didn't like the wax coating so thought better of it.
It was nice to do something a bit different and I am really pleased with the result.
I would like to enter it into the following challenges:-
- Scrappy Frogs Challenge - Holiday Decoration
- The Pink Elephant #90 - Winter Wonderland
- Scrap Creations - Gift
- Creative Card Crew - Anything Goes
- Design Dollies - Candles
- Top Tip Tuesday #13 - Use a Ribbon
- ABC Christmas Challenge - Y is for Yuletide (Candles)
- Crafty Creations #97 - Include a bear on your project
- Paper Pretties - Use a Punch
- Penny's Paper Crafty # 44 - Christmas theme
- Really Reasonable Ribbon #13 - Winter theme anything but a card
- Digi Doodle Shop #37 - Animals
- Sarah Hurley Challenge #21 - Christmas Decoration
- Stamp n Doodle - Christmas but not a card
- Fussy & Fancy #25 - Anything but a card
- Allsorts # 82 - Last minute Christmas
- Challenge Up Your Life #33 - Christmas
- Craft Your Days Away # 10 - Use a punch
- Creative Inspirations #49 - Anything Goes Christmas
- Just Cute Bears & Friends #41 - Anything but a card
- One Stitch At a Time #43 - Anything Goes
- Frosted Designs - Use a Ribbon
- Mami Doodles #16 - Anything Goes
- Bizzy Becs Store - Christmas
- Easy Craft Projects #27 - Christmas
- One Crazy Stamper - Christmas/Winter