We have a new challenge for you today over at Crafty Cardmakers which has been set by my Teamie Jack. It's dead easy as it is to include something floral in your card. I honestly don't think there can be any cardmakers out there who do not have anything floral so you should all be able to enter this one :)
Our Sponsor for this challenge is the wonderful
My card really started off with the gorgeous orchid silk flower. I found 2 sprays in Poundland last Sunday. They've each got 7 decent sized flowers on them and they are so much cheaper than the ones market for crafters. I love finding cheap embellishments for my cards that way, makes me feel all smug that I haven't spent a fortune on them LOL
Any hoo, imagine how delighted I was that in the weekly newsletter from Imag-e-nation the digital image they give away free was for orchids, the idea for my floral card was born.
I had printed the Full image and then 2 layers of the largest flower so I could decoupage them. The images were coloured with Promarkers and then when they were layered together I added some Crystal Effects to the centres of the flowers and stickles glitter glue around the egdes of the petals. I cut the image out using a Nestabilities label die and inked around the edges with a small Versamark pad.
I have used Sketch #82 from Moving Along with The Times for the layout and took them up on the floral theme. I have rotated the sketch to fit the image better.
The embossed spotty glittered paper for the background is by My Mind's Eye, the embossed floral paper on the bottom is from K & Co with a little ink to pick up the embossing better. The glitter ribbon and sentiment is from my stash and the 3d butterflies are made using 3 Martha Stewart punches to make each one with a bit of glitter added.
Looking forward to seeing lots of entries for this challenge and will be popping over to your blogs to take a peek.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-
- Moving Along With the Times #82 - Sketch for layout & floral theme
- AI Factory #64 - Anything Goes
- Crafts & Me #22 - Monochrome
- Crafty Ann's Challenge #32 - Use old & new items together (new flower & Image, all rest is old)
- Crafty Pad #105 - Something Girly
- Creative Belli Challenges #109 - Patterned paper, polka dots
- Creative Craft Challenge - Monochrome Madness
- Creative Sketches #16 - Use Diecuts or punches (Nesties & MS punch)
- Creative Stamp Friends #17 - Nestability die
- Digi Doodle #43 - Anything Goes
- Glitterbabe's Challenge # 28 - Anything goes with Sparkle
- My Time to Craft #124 - Spots & Dots
- Paper Cutz #75 - Anything Goes
- Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge #45 - Anything Goes
- Raise The Bar #50 - White Nestie & embellishments
- Res-Q Challenge #67 - Lots of embossing
- Scrapbook Sisters #18 - Thank You
- Simon Says Stamp - Bingo : Punch/diecuts & Embossing & Ribbon
- Stampman #14 - Distressing (around image and on embossed paper)
- Tellen's Place - Polka Dots
- Top Tip Tuesday #18 - Use a Sentiment
- Wee Memories #40 - Anything Goes
- Winter Wonderland - Pink & Purple
- Woodware USA #11 - Anything Goes