In a complete departure for me I proudly present (fanfare please.....) my 1st Christmas card of 2011 Ta-Dah !!
One of my intentions for this year is to make Christmas cards throughout the year, thus preventing the last minute panic I normally experience. There are now lots of challenges that encourage you to make Crimble cards so I really have no excuse do I?
I had coloured this image in on the run up to Christmas but not had time to make them into cards. Having re-organised my craft room so that Christmas stuff is readily accessible this makes the job significantly easier. Hooray for not having to stand precariously on my chair to get to the top of my Ikea bookcases. That's one trip to A & E that has hopefully been avoided. Mind you I nearly fell backwards down the stairs last night but that's a different story !
The layout of the card was made using Card Patterns sketch #97 which I thought would be perfect for this lovely image by Nina May at Paper Cupcakes. which was a freebie on the There's Magic in the Air blog.
The image has been coloured with Promarkers with glitter added to the snowman and the star. I used a Sakura clear glitter pen to highlight the buttons and mitten cuffs, cut out the image and edge with a Promarker.
The backing paper is DCWV from an old Christmas pad, yay for me using up that old stash :) I have added squares of card which have been embossed with a Cuttlebug folder, rounded the corners off and inked round the edges. I have added liberal amounts of stickles for a bit of twinkle. The 'ribbon' border is by Brenda Pinnick and last but not least I have added a gorgeous Craftime snowflake.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges :-
- Card Patterns #97 - Sketch used for layout
- ABC Christmas - Anythong Goes Christmas
- ABC DT Challenge - Baby It's Cold Outside
- Bah Humbug #1 - Holly on snowman's hat
- Catch The Bug - Embossing
- Christmas Card Challenge #6 - Snowman
- Christmas Cards All Year Round - Any Christmas card
- Craft Your Days Away #11 - Anything Goes
- Creative Belli Challenge #108 - Snow
- Creative Stamp Friends #16 - Winter
- Curtain Call Colour Challenge #64 - Pale Blue, Mid Blue, mid green, red & White
- Cute Card Thursday #146 - Use old stash on card (all old)
- Digis by Phooka #1 - Anything Goes
- Digi's With Attitude - New Years Resolution (use old stash & make Christmas cards through year)
- Easy Craft Projects #29 - Use old Items (all old)
- Fairy Knoll - All that Glitters
- I Love Promarkers #48 - Use Punches (corner punch on squares)
- Papertake Weekly - Cold & Frosty
- Secret Crafter #116 - Tons of Texture
- Speedy the Cat's Friend #37 - Embossing
- Stampavie & More #124 - Glitter
- Stamp n Doodle - New Years Resolution (use old stash & make Christmas cards through year)
- Stamp Something - Anything With a Digi
- Stamp With Fun #93 - Snow
- Tellen's Place - Punches (corner punch on squares)
- Tip Top Tuesday #17 - Anything Goes