My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Wednesday 3 April 2013

250 Followers and a CDAC Win

Well today is a good day already and it is only 8am.

I have reached a momentus milestone of 250 followers. Thankyou Asmah for being lucky number 250. When I started blogging my cards I never thought that anyone would be remotely interested in what little old me had to say. It was merely a way of keeping a catalogue of the cards I made and back when I started in 2007 it was quite a new thing. Not being afraid of technology I thought I would have a go.

Little did I know that it would open up a massive world of challenges, so much inspiration, many connections with people from all over the world but most of all making friends.

As I went through some of the darkest times with my re-occurrence of depression following my Mother's death I realised that there were a lot of people who were in the same situation so I talked about it on my blog. After 2 years of seeing an amazing counsellor I am literally on top of the world, enjoying my life with a passion and feel like this huge weight has been lifted.

Blogging and entering challenges was a big part of my recovery as the positive comments about my projects really helped to boost my non-existent self confidence. As a DT member myself I try very hard to write something personal for each entry I comment on, it is daunting especially when it is an "anything goes" challenge with lots of entries but you can easily tell which comments are personal or just cut and paste.

I want to say thankyou to each and every one of you that has popped by my blog, liked what they saw and followed me. I also wish to thank anyone who has left me positive comments, each one of you has helped rebuild me when I was a very broken person.



It also seems quite befitting that I found out today that I was the winner of the Easy as 123 challenge at the CDAC with a card I made using an Ike's Art image Spring Fairy.


I remember my fabulously talented friend Janey asking if that was me skipping through the daisies and you know it really is. The joy I feel each and every day is a million miles away from the deep darkness that was inside me for a very, very long time. I am thoroughly enjoying where I am at and long may it continue. 

More importantly I feel that I am much more aware of myself and the motives of other people. I self analyse and adjust where my mind is to regain my balance and composure. My stress tipping points are not at the same level as they once were and I have better coping mechanisms to right myself when things go wrong (as they inevitably do....)

I am thankful that I have got back together with my Sister after many years of estrangement and I am now able to see my Nieces and Nephew who have welcomed me with open arms back into their lives.

I have discovered I have a very spiritual side that I didn't know was there. This part of me is very in touch with nature and is fed by the little wonders that happen every day. I am lucky that in my garden we are visited by lots of little birds and squirrels and I love to watch them. I love to colour, I love to craft, they feed my soul and keep the child inside happy.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted you all to know how much each of you has the power to touch another person's life. The world can be a cruel place, people can be so cruel to one another but I like to think our little crafting world is a better place filled with lovely people. I am very fortunate to have some of them as my friends. (Yes I mean you, yes you reading this!!)



4 comments:

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Hi Mandy,
It's an honor to see my name being mentioned, thank you Mandy. Congratulations for this awesome milestone. I feel for you Mandy as I too went through hard times when my dear Father met His creator in November 2011; I was shattered to pieces but I was grateful to have blogland and similar minded crafty worlwide friends who are willing to listen to my stories and all. Would love to have you as a follower of my blog if you like :) Congratulations as well for being the winner of Easy 123. May God bless you always.
Hugs,
Asmah

ike said...

Oh, Mandy this is just an amazing Post. Such an uplifting story and I am so glad you have come through this and out the other side a complete, healed person. How wonderful and I am sure it will be an inspiration and comfort to many, many people. xxx

Your card with my image is superb and many CONGRATS for winning at CDAC :-) Well deserved my Friend. Thank you for choosing to use one of my images... I am honoured :-) xx

Huggies
IKE xxxxxxxxx

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

Such a beautiful, positive uplifting post. I am so honoured that you have shared it as part of my first ever Path of Positivity challenge. This is an important stop on the path that I hope everyone will take time to visit. The sentiment within this post is just the atmosphere that I want people to share. You are such an inspiration to so many people having been brave enough to share your own journeys. I am so happy that you are in a place of contentment and I wish you a long life living in this peaceful spot with the sun always shining down on your location in this world.

Big loving hugs,
Lisa

p.s. congrats on your CDAC win! Well deserved using this absolutely gorgeous image from Ike.

Desire Fourie said...

This was truly an inspiration popping in here. What a wonderful life story you have related here with us. I also started blogging in 2007 with great hardship and hours of patience we use to get a pist up. Blogger has really vone long way in making blogging for us a breeze and fun these days and all of it for free. I am so delighted that you have made it through a bad time in your life partly due to your bloggy friends. Love your beautiful card abd congrats on your win.
I am also your latest keen Follower.

Saw you over at The Path of Positivity and had to come and have a closer look. Thanks so much for sharing. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}