My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Sunday 28 April 2013

Simply Betty Stamps Elaine


On the Simply Betty Stamps fan group on Facebook Betty runs a monthly competition where you can request the ‘free’ image and you have to make sure you enter a card or you won’t be allowed request any more.

The image above is Elaine and it is part of a larger image of a lady wearing the most fabulous gown. However, when I saw it the only thing that was running through my mind was the kitty song that Penny & Sheldon sings from the Bing Bang Theory. I am not a complete lover of the show but a number of my FB buddies are and they kept mentioning this kitty song so I did a bit of searching on YouTube and found this video. It is quite cute and inspired me to make a sentiment to go with the image. I have included it below in JPG and PNG if you would like to use it


   

If you do download it please give credit back to me if you use it and do not claim as your own. I would love to see any projects you make with it so please leave me a comment and I’ll hop on over

Anyhoo, Back to the card….. The pretty paper is from a new paper pad New Bloom. It is all purples and turquoise, really pretty papers. The purple ovals are shiny and metallic, very pretty but awkward to photograph! It did however give me the perfect excuse to use the lurex ribbon from my stash J
I used a sketch from Chocolate Coffee & Cards for the layout. The sentiment I used to replace the 3 dots, it just wouldn’t fit anywhere else. I used Quickutz Cookuie Cutter dies to cut he image and the matting layer. Finally I added some die cut swirls embellished with glitter and this allowed me to enter the card into the challenge onto the Simply B Blog too.

I had a lovely chilled out day in my craftroom yesterday making cards and catching up on Once Upon a Time. It was nice to make cards for the end of the month challenges and to be able to watch the awful rain and not have to go out in it J

Materials Used in this Project are as follows:-
Card size – 5” Square
Image – Elaine by Simply Betty Stamps
Paper – New Bloom First Edition pad
Sentiment – Freebie from Made By Mandy (me!)
Tools – Letraset Promarkers & Flexmarkers, 3d foam pads, Quickutz Cookie Cutter die, Crealies Creative Swirls die
Embellishments – Stickles glitter glue, lurex ribbon
Techniques – Diecutting

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-



13 comments:

Emily Shroom said...

Really fun looking card, great colouring!

Wendy L said...

Thanks for joining our challenge at Love to Create this week, your creation is great, xxxxx

Sandra Carey said...

Beautiful Thanks for joining this week at L.T.C. Sandra dt http://careyscards.blogspot.co.uk/

Carol said...

Beautiful card Mandy. Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week. Carol DT x

Unknown said...

Awesome card and a great Betty digi!! Thank you for joining us at Love to Create Challenge.
Zenita
DT member Love to Create Challenge
http://www.scrappinwithz.blogspot.com

Daisychain said...

Thank you for joining us this week at Whoopsi Daisy with such a lovely card. Hope to see you next week. Hugs Christine x

Joanne said...

What a cute little verse! I'm a real cat lover so I totally agree! Love your card, such nice colors and you did a great job with our layout! Thanx for playing along with us at CC&CC, Joanne

Nat said...

Fab card, I love your purples and sweet sentiment. Thank you for joining in my 'Animals' challenge at PFP.
Natx

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

Cute card. Love that you were inspired by a nursery rhyme for your sentiment. So sweet. Thanks for the freebie BTW.

Hugs,
Lisa

Margaret said...

So cute. Love the colors and coloring. I'm partial to purple.

marion82 said...

lovely card sweetie well done!and he he for the bing bang song!!
Thanks for joining us at Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenges!!
hugs
xMx

you can visit
http://whenthescraphitsthefun.blogspot.com/
and http://colorinkdigistamps.blogspot.gr/
for my free digis!!

Deanne Saunders said...

Sweet card! And I love that song! Thanks for participating in our Chocolate,Coffee and Cards challenge!! Hope to see you again next week!

~DEANNE~

Unknown said...

What a darling card. Love the little sentiment you created to go with the image. Thank you so much for playing the CDAC ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGES
~Deb~
CDAC DT Member
A Look Through My Eyes