My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Sunday 7 April 2013

OSAAT #158 Anything Goes


There's a new challenge today at One Stitch At  A Time 

Anything Goes

Our sponsor this week is Stitchy Bear’s Digi Outlet and there is a fabulous prize of all the images the DT used for Challenge 156 for the lucky winner who uses a Store image


Please head on over to the NEW LOOK  & REBRANDED Stitchy Bear’s Digi Outlet to check out all the lovely digis on offer from our great designers. There are some freebies available and there is a selection of cut price Monthly Specials that change often, there really is so much to choose from thanks to our very talented designers.


Also, to keep ahead of all the latest news you can sign up to the newsletter & become a follower at the Stitchy Bear Store Blog

You must use a store image to win the main prizes and all other entries will be in a draw to win $3 to spend in the store

* * * * * * * * * * *

It was my turn to choose and image for myself and Choccy to work on and I picked this fun image Poodles by Stitchy Stamps. One of my best friend’s has done Rock N Roll dancing for a number of years and this was the perfect image for a birthday card for her. Her birthday isn’t until December so how organised am I?

I wanted to keep the colour scheme simple and punchy so stuck to pinks with black and white throughout. I coloured the image with Promarkers and Flexmarkers.

I chose an older sketch by Incy Wincy Designs for the layout and picked some spotty ribbon which was mounted onto strips of scrap card to stabilise them and stop the black of the designer paper showing through. I added Candi dots to ‘anchor’ the ends and carry the colour theme on. The fabric flower came in an assorted bag I bought from a friend on Facebook who was having a clear out. The felt flowers came from assorted packs of flowers and butterflies from Poundland.

The sentiment is one that I made myself as I couldn’t find anything suitable in my collection. I have attached it below and you are free to download it for yourself. We have the JPG and PNG versions. All I ask is that you credit me if you do use them and link back to me so people can download them here. Please do not claim them as your own. If you do use them please let me know so I can pop along and see your project.

 

* * * * * * * * * * *

 Please pop over to OSAAT to see the fab cards from my colleagues on the DT. I look forward to seeing your entries for this challenge

Materials Used in this Project are as follows:-
Card size – 8” Square
Image – Poodles  by Stitchy Stamps
Paper – Licorice Sherbet pad by Papermania
Sentiment – Freebie from Made By Mandy (me!)
Tools – Letraset Promarkers & Flexmarkers, 3d foam pads
Embellishments – Ribbon, Craftwork Cards Candi, felt & fabric flowers

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-



28 comments:

Sheila said...

Lovely card, pink and black one of my favourite colour combo's. Thank you for joining in with my challenge, good luck x

Lynnel Lynch said...

Mandy, well designed card. Perfection! Loved your color combination. Thanks for playing in our CDAC "progressive Freebie" challenge.
Lynnel
CDAC DT Member

Crafting Vicky said...

WOW love this such a rocking card (heeheehee just had to add that...) Great layout. Love the color combination.

Mimi said...

Awesome Mandy, I am not a pink lover but somehow when it is placed with black and white it becomes a stunning colour . Totally in awe at your amazing idea for mounting your ribbon to stabilize it and stop the black shining through (I may have to scrap lift that idea in the future if you don't mind). Good luck with this card and the challenges you have entered, it would be a winning if I was judging. Hugs Jane xxxx

Sandy Palmer said...

I just love the colors you chose together! Actually, I just love everything about this card! Love the whole layout as well! Thanks for linking up with us this week at DDF at My Paper Crafting! :)
Way to go about making cards early too!

Hazel said...

This brought back happy memories, Mandy. My skirt was turquoise and I had black hair! lol Hazel x

Daisychain said...

A gorgeous card, love the colours you have used. Thanks for playing along at Whoopsi Daisy this week, hope to see you next week. Hugs Christine x

Miradormakings said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us over at Whoopsi Daisy this week.

Joan x

Josephine said...

Beautiful - such a dramatic colour combination, and a fabulous design too!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Mandy!! LOVE the colors and the design.. its fantastic!!! Perfect! :)

Karen Petitt said...

Hi Mandy just wanted to pop over to say thank you for the lovely comment you left on my last OSAAT entry, it means a lot - so thank you very much!
Gorgeous pinky card - my favourite kind! Loving the new look at OSAAT hugs Karen

Larelyn said...

Well, Mandy, I just have to love your card because you've used my favorite colors!!! The image is so cute and so well done. Thanks for joining our link up for Digi Desserts Fridaze at My Paper Crafting. Good luck!
Hugs,
Larelyn

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

What a fun girly card! love all of the pink! Thanks for joining us at V's Sweet Ideas!
Lisa

Debbie Adams said...

I love the color combo and the image. Your card is beautiful.

Kerri said...

Nie colour combo..love your card and thks for joining us over at One Crazy Stamper...Good Luck!!

Barbara Bruder said...

Mandy, this card is so cute, reminds me of the hop days when I was a teenager. (Many years ago) Thanks for joining us at the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenges this month.
Barbara - SNSCC coordinator

CraftyGirl said...

Love the pink white and black combo and your sentiment. Such a cute card and rockin' image.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
Your Sister OSAAT DT
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

Margreet said...

Gorgeous girly card, Mandy, with lovely colours and pretty papers....thanks for joining us at Melonheadz Friends!
xxx Margreet

Brenda said...

This is a fabulous card Mandy! I love the color combo and I love your digital girl! How cool that you made your own digital sentiment too!! Thanks for joining us at My Paper Crafty Digital Dessert Fridaze;-)

NicoleDesigns said...

Lovely card, thank you for sharing with us at The Paper Nest Dolls.... xo

~KellyJosephine~ said...

Beautiful I just love the pink and the black it's so fun and inviting and especially makes a perfect girly girl happy birthday card! Love it! Thanks for entering over at The Paper Nest Dolls! ~Kelly Walkelmol

Amanda said...

Great card Mandy, love the pink. Thanks for joining us at Shelly's Images.

hugs Amanda
Shelly's Images DT

Electra said...

This card ROCKS! I can hear the music and it makes we want to dance. I hope you are giving it to someone very special. Thanks for rocking our pastel challenge at Opus Gluei!!

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is super Mandy. Love the colour and layout. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Paper Crafting Journey.

Hugs
Cathy DT
xxxxxxxx

Heather said...

I really like the colour combo of white, black and pink on this card ~ three of my faves to use as well. Thanks for joining us at One Crazy Stamper this month.

Sharon said...

I love this colour combo and the image and design is gorgeous.
Thank you for sharing this with us at Dream Valley.
Hugs Sharon.

Anne Temple said...

What a cute image. Love the poodle skirt and the sentiment. So glad you joined us at SNS Creative Challenge this month.

Rosemary said...

Well, I wish I were as organized as you are, Mandy! I'm jealous! LOL

Your card does rock and in the best way! The colors are vibrant and fun, the sentiment so happy and playful!

Thank you for getting on the bright side of our Opus Gluei challenge!