Okay get your sunglasses on because this bright beauty will burn your eyes if you look at your screen for too long! It may be cold and possibly piddling down, but you will soon warm up when you have colourful flowers around you J
I have used Promarkers & Flexmarkers to colour this fabulous image Daylily Beth from Janey’s Digi Designs in bright orange colours and coloured them both differently. The one on the left has a yellow line in the centre of the petal which I have added glitter to. The one on the right I am most proud of as I have used a darker pen to draw lines on and then use glossy accents to raise them up. I’m pretty sure I have seen real lilies that look like that….. I cut around the image and mounted it on 3d Foam.
I have used the sketch from 2 Sisters Challenge for the layout. The papers are from the Boho Chic and Blank Canvas First Edition pads. I loved that there are so many orange shades of papers to choose from in these pads. Lots of them have encapsulated glitter or glossy effects on them too, they are lush J
The flowers are mounted onto a diecut using the Crafters Companion Grace Die’sire die. I love the intricacy of the shape and distressed the edges with a small inkpad.
The sentiment is part of a free digistamp from Michelle Perkett’s blog. She is very generous in giving away special blog freebies as well as full digi’s that are for sale on her Etsy store.
Janey’s Daylily Beth image can be purchased from the Etsy store. For inspiration please pop over to the blog and Facebook page where our very talented designers will be regularly showcasing these amazing images. There are cards featured which are from customers who have purchased the stamps too which must be an amazing feeling for Jane to see her images being used to create some fabulous cards.
Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Card Size – A5
Paper – Boho Chic & Blank Canvas First Editions pad by Dovecraft
Tools - Letraset Promarkers & Flexmarkers, Dies from Nestabilities and Die’sire,
Techniques – Diecutting, Distressing
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-
- 2 Sisters Challenge - #141 Sketch
- Artistic Inspirations – #39 Lots of Layers
- CDAC Seasonal Fun – Spring
- Crafter’s Companion – Flowers
- Crafting By Designs – Anything Goes
- Creative Moments - #15 Spring
- Critter Sketch Challenge – #162 Flowers
- Die Cutting Diva’s - #112 Flowers (Grace Die’sire Die)
- Get Inky - #3 Floral Fun
- Inklings & Yarns - #12 Anything Goes
- Love To Create – #63 Punches and/or dies
- Party Time Tuesdays – #117 Tic Tac Toe (glitter, Flower, die cut)
- Penny’s Challenge - #124 Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp – Anything Goes
- Sisterhood of Crafters – Free For All
- Sparkle & Sprinkle – Use a Digi
- Stamp n Doodle – No Embellishments
- Tammy Scrapin’ Corner - #60 Lots of Layers
- There She Goes - #205 April Showers, May Flowers
- Through The Craftroom Door - Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday - #77 Anything Goes