My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Wednesday 10 April 2013

Janey's Digi Designs Cowslip

 

It’s so blinking cold here in the UK. I really don’t think anyone has sent Mother Nature the memo that it is now almost Mid April, it should be a bit warmer and all the pretty flowers should now be in bloom.

It’s a good job that our intrepid gardener Jane is great at drawing or else we would have nothing pretty to look at, at least we can colour them in if nothing else J

Today I have used this fabulous image Cowslip from Janey’s Digi Designs and of course I have had to colour it in yellows with a spot of orange, they are my fave Spring colours afterall.

I have used my Promarkers and Flexmarkers to colour the image and this is quite large as it is an A5 card. I try to make smaller ones but don’t seem to manage it very often. It does however mean that you get to see these lovely blooms in all their glory.

I have used Sketch 235 from Clean & Simple Stamping for the layout. I had already coloured the image and as soon as I saw the layout I knew it would be perfect to showcase it, however I do not normally do CAS so really struggled with leaving so much white space. It was very hard for me not to add something I can tell you! I chose some sage green cardstock for the base of the card and to use for layering and then went in search of a nice yellow paper for the main cardstock. I came upon this lovely glittery tallow damask from the Family Ties First Edition pad by Dovecraft and declared it to be the winner. It is fairly subtle so enhanced the yellow flowers and pretty glitter stops it from looking too bare.

The sentiment is part of a free digistamp from Michelle Perkett’s blog. She is very generous in giving away special blog freebies as well as full digi’s that are for sale on her Etsy store.

Janey’s Cowslip image can be purchased from the Etsy store. For inspiration please pop over to the blog and Facebook page where our very talented designers will be regularly showcasing these amazing images. There are cards featured which are from customers who have purchased the stamps too which must be an amazing feeling for Jane to see her images being used to create some fabulous cards.

Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Card Size – A5
Sentiment – Freebie from Michelle Perkett
Paper – Family Ties First Editions pad by Dovecraft

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-


18 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely CAS card! Love the background paper! Thank You for entering our challenge this week at Hobbycutz! Hugs Kobie

Jane said...

FAB! FAB! FAB! And look what's happened...Mother Nature has finally got the memo & spring's coming...Woop! Woop! xx

chera said...

great card! Love how springy it looks!

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

Deloris said...

Beautiful card! Love the pretty image and designer paper! Thanks for joining the challenge at Wags 'n Whiskers!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Mandy, I like the floral image and the colours, Thanks for joining in with us at Digi Haven, Good Luck.
Kevin xx

Kim Bell said...

I just love your card layout. Thanks so much for joining us at HobbyCutz

Hugz
Kim

Kim Bell said...

I just love your card layout. Thanks so much for joining us at HobbyCutz

Hugz
Kim

michele said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Kathyk said...

Smashing card and thank you for joining us with the Hobbycutz challenge

Kathyk

Marge said...

Thanks so much for sharing your sweet spring card with us @ My Sheri Crafts biweekly challenge!!! Hope spring finds it way to your area soon!

Patrice said...

Fantastic - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/04/52-card-pickup-215.html

Unknown said...

Very pretty and springy Mandy! Love the bright yellows. Thank you so much for playing the CDAC ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGES
~Deb~
CDAC DT Member
A Look Through My Eyes

Anonymous said...

Mandy your card is such a pretty celebration of spring! Thanks so much for sharing it with us in the A Creative Need challenge!

Deanne Saunders said...

Very pretty!LOVE yellow!! Thanks for participating in our QKR STAMPEDE challenge!! Hope to see you again next week!

~DEANNE~

Lisa Carroll said...

Beautiful card! Love the fresh yellow and green color combo! :) Thank you for participating in our "April Showers/Spring Flowers" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog this week! xx

Doris T. said...

Very pretty - thanks for sharing it with us at Crafting by Designs!
Doris :)

Nat said...

Lovely CAS card, gorgeous image and I love your paper! Thanks for joining us at Joanna Sheen.
Natx