It’s so blinking cold here in the UK. I really don’t think anyone has sent Mother Nature the memo that it is now almost Mid April, it should be a bit warmer and all the pretty flowers should now be in bloom.
It’s a good job that our intrepid gardener Jane is great at drawing or else we would have nothing pretty to look at, at least we can colour them in if nothing else J
Today I have used this fabulous image Cowslip from Janey’s Digi Designs and of course I have had to colour it in yellows with a spot of orange, they are my fave Spring colours afterall.
I have used my Promarkers and Flexmarkers to colour the image and this is quite large as it is an A5 card. I try to make smaller ones but don’t seem to manage it very often. It does however mean that you get to see these lovely blooms in all their glory.
I have used Sketch 235 from Clean & Simple Stamping for the layout. I had already coloured the image and as soon as I saw the layout I knew it would be perfect to showcase it, however I do not normally do CAS so really struggled with leaving so much white space. It was very hard for me not to add something I can tell you! I chose some sage green cardstock for the base of the card and to use for layering and then went in search of a nice yellow paper for the main cardstock. I came upon this lovely glittery tallow damask from the Family Ties First Edition pad by Dovecraft and declared it to be the winner. It is fairly subtle so enhanced the yellow flowers and pretty glitter stops it from looking too bare.
The sentiment is part of a free digistamp from Michelle Perkett’s blog. She is very generous in giving away special blog freebies as well as full digi’s that are for sale on her Etsy store.
Janey’s Cowslip image can be purchased from the Etsy store. For inspiration please pop over to the blog and Facebook page where our very talented designers will be regularly showcasing these amazing images. There are cards featured which are from customers who have purchased the stamps too which must be an amazing feeling for Jane to see her images being used to create some fabulous cards.
Materials Used in this card are as follows:-
Card Size – A5
Sentiment – Freebie
Paper – Family Ties First Editions pad by Dovecraft
Tools - Letraset Promarkers & Flexmarkers,
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order):-
- A & T Challenge - #23 Flowers
- A Creative Need – Spring celebrations
- Artistic Inspirations – #36 Anything Goes
- CDAC Anything Goes – Any Handmade Craft
- Clean & Simple Stamping - #235 Sketch for layout
- Crafting By Designs – Spring Flowers
- Crafts 4 Eternity – #118 Sweet Spring
- Creative Inspirations Paint – Spring Colours
- Digi Haven – Spring
- Di’s Digi Designs – Flower Frenzy
- Diva’s By Design – Flowers
- Going Grey With Scrap Creations – Flower Power
- Happy Campers - #14 Flower Power
- Hobbycutz Challenge – #3 CAS Card
- House of Gilli - #51 Anything Goes with Flowers and/or Ribbons
- House That Stamps Built – DCC410 CAS
- Joanna Sheen – Spring Into Spring
- Ladybug Crafts – Spring
- My Graphico – #148 Anything Goes
- My Sheri Crafts - #107 Spring Has Sprung
- QKR Stampede – #33 April Showers
- Outlawz Friday Copic & Promarker – CPC040513 April Showers
- Pink Elephant - #194 Spring Colours
- Scrappy Frogs – Spring
- Simon Says Stamp – April Flowers or Spring Showers
- Wags ‘n Whiskers - #101 April Showers/Spring
- Word Art Wednesday - #75 Anything Goes