My Wonderful Followers - Thankyou :)

Monday 21 March 2011

Guest Designer at Shelly's Images

OOOh, I've got some really exciting news to tell you. This week I am a Guest Designer for Shelly's Images. Shelly recently asked for people to come forward and said yes straight away. Don't you love it when that happens :)

Anyhoo, this gorgeous image above is called Carrot Patch and can be purchased from the Shelly's Images store here. As soon as I saw the image it reminded me of Rabbit in The Winnie the Pooh stories as he was always tending to his garden, especially his carrots.

I have used the current sketch from Cards for Men for the layout. I am giving this to a good friend of ours who is retiring. He is been a gardener at a massive house for many years and his own garden is lovely. We'd have him do ours only he lives some 100 miles away. It is always a treat when we go for the weekend and he shows us what we are eating that came out of his garden.

I coloured the image with Promarkers and made a second layer with the seed packet to create dimension. The papers are from the Desert Blooms pad by Trimcraft. They have got 4 pads in their First Edition range and I have them all, they are such sweet designs and yummy colours :)

I have added Candi dots (why??? have they changed the name from Card Candy....it was a good name without changing it) a sentiment from Anita's and a cutie little rabbit pinching some of the carrots.

Thankyou so much to Shelly's Images for giving me this Guest Designer opportunity and please check out the creations that the Design Team have made with this image too on Shelly's Images Blog

I would like to enter this Card into the following challenges :-

15 comments:

Unknown said...

What a stunning card Mandy! I just love it. And I have to find some of those Trimcraft papers.

We are so honored to have you as our Guest Designer this week. And we hope you will come back and design again very soon!

Stephanie said...

Fabulous card Mandy! I love the layout and the bunny. Glad you could join us as a Guest Designer at Shelly's Images.

Min said...

I just love this card Mandy! So glad to have you as our Guest Designer this week!
Hugs & Happy Days!
~Min

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous card love the image a real Bugs Bunny card, love the papers. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the Challenge. with hugs Shirleyxxx

Jane said...

Yo! This is my fav' of your cards so far...my favouritist colour scheme & great stamp!! Yes...why have they changed the Card Candy name & hiked up the price BIG TIME!!!! Glad I'd stocked up them in white so I choose my own colour scheme before their prices rose. Well done on yer GDTship too xxx

Unknown said...

such a pretty card, thank you so much for visiting my blog ;)

Carrie said...

Gorgeous card Mandy. I have left a little something for you on my blog : http://carrieoncrafting.blogspot.com/2011/03/versatile-blogger-award.html
Chat soon
Carrie
xxx

Cec said...

Great card. Love the layout and the cute little rabbit in the corner. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place.
Hugs!
Cec

Mel said...

Amazing petal!
Love the image its fab and fun!
Hugs Melly xxx

Scrapcat 1 said...

what a fab cheerful card your friend will love it!

Purple Crazy said...

lovely cheery spring card, thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges this week.

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is super, what a huge carrot that wee bunny has! Thanks for joining in on Crafty Sentiments this week Hazelxoxo

Dorcas said...

Oh this is so adorable, Mandy! Thanks so much for taking the time to play with us Phindy’s Place.
Hugs,
Dorcas

Anonymous said...

Hi Mandy.The coloue scheme is just perfect for the image.Awww,cute little bunny too.Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best :D
Lisa x

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

This is the cutest easter card. I love the carrots and bunny! Thanks for playing in the Belli challenge with us!