It's Georgia's turn to set the challenge over at Happileigh Scrappin' Challenges this week and it is to make a shaped card, no Squares or Rectangles here !!
I used an egg from the Fancy Easter Egg's set which are available to purchase from the Happileigh Scrappin' Store. There are 5 different designs in this set for only $3 which represents fantastic value.
For my creation I wanted to try something different but really wasn't sure if it would work. I had the idea to transfer the digi design onto acetate using a Sharpie marker. I than applied some dries clear glue and ultra fine glitter to these areas and left them to dry. I think I may have used a little bit too much glue as it took over 24 hours to completely dry but the sparkle is amazing so well worth it.
The main pink background is a crackle effect self adhesive irridescent paper which I adhered to the large egg shape I had created for my template. I then used this to make a shaped card, creating a frame around the image and squaring off the base so it could stand up. I attached the acetate to this base card so that glitter would be inside, thus ensuring the recipient doesn't get covered in like I did when I made it. To complete the sandwich I added a black layer to the card front to create a frame around the egg and cover the adhesive that had been used on the acetate.
The spotty ribbon is actually a patterned shoelace from Poundland. They are printed onto a strong twill and you get 4 pairs of varying sizes laces for only £1!! The tag is from an easter set of dimensional stickers and I have suspended it from the ribbon using 2 jump rings.
This week we are welcoming some new members to our team. Please pop on over to see the lovely creations my Happi Sisters have added. There are lots of lovely cards to feast your eyes upon.
Remember, for our challenges you don't need to use a Happileigh Scrappin' image but if you do your entry counts twice and with freebies available here it is easy to use one of Leigh's fabulous digis.
Don't forget that at Happileigh Scrappin' Store Leigh is having a sale on her digi's for the month of March.
We would love to see lots of entries in this challenge. Leigh gives away her lovely digis to the top 3 so it is well worth entering and me and the DT love to see your creations, so come on over to Happileigh Scrappin' Challenges to join the fun.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges :-
- Crafter's Companion #10 - Easter
- Creative Card Crew - No Rubber Stamps
- Do You Stack Up #12 - Sparkle & Shine
- Fresh Brewed Challenge #40 - 2 or more embellies (ribbon, tag & jump rings)
- Fun With Shapes & More #79 - Card without Designer Paper
- Gem of a Challenge #17 - No Square Cards
- Get Creative With Ann #129 - Easter
- Going Grey with Scrap Creations - Spring
- Incy Wincy Designs # 87 - Sparkle & Shine
- Iris' Spot #15 - Glitter
- Karen's Doodles #56 -Easter
- Lollipop Crafts #32 - Shaped Cards
- Loonie Stampers #135 - Free Pass Friday
- Paper Playtime #42 - Anything Goes
- Scrapbook Sisters #28 - Anything Goes
- Stamping Vacation - Easter
- Truly Scrumptious #52 - Tag on card
- Whoopsie Daisy - Glitz & Glitter